Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Blackhawks- Fri Jan 12 7:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Does anyone know when Tanev will be back ?? I like his speed, and against a team like the Hawks, who play a speed game--he'd be very useful and effective. I'm just not crazy about Dano ??

I have never been a Dano fan since he came here however I think he has played very well in the past few games since being on the bench for so long. Thought he and Roslo complemented each other quite well and played a high energy game.

But yes, Tanev going full bore into every Hawk in sight would be fine as well!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
f2fa38249404afdf88930b3bc54221cc.600x316x1.jpg

Let's grind out a revenge win and light up the Hawks.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
giphy.gif

Hopefully Lowry is back. If so, Matthias should sit, but i have a strong feeling it will be Dano.

I hope it's Matthias as well. I thought Dano and Roslo had some serious chemistry. Of course for the little I've seen Roslovic, he may have chemistry with everyone :)

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I hope it's Matthias as well. I thought Dano and Roslo had some serious chemistry. Of course for the little I've seen Roslovic, he may have chemistry with everyone :)
Naah, i don't really care about this chemistry BS. Hockey is after all very simple game, and if all three forwards are keeping it simple, playing with speed and working their ass off, it's always gonna lead to good things.

Reactions: Ducky10

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Is it possible that when teams are facing an upcoming game against us, it's them that are saying "this is the true test"?

I think we've been on top, or near top of our division long enough that teams are using us as their measuring stick. The Hawks confidence must be fragile enough that this is a measuring stick kind of game for them.

Get on them early and score a couple of goals to rid them of any ideas that they measure up.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I’m not much of a Dano fan. But if he can be a thorn on the opposition, he would bring something unique to the team. He took a beating there in front of the net and drew 4 minutes that resulted in a goal. I’d give him another game just for that.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Naah, i don't really care about this chemistry BS. Hockey is after all very simple game, and if all three forwards are keeping it simple, playing with speed and working their ass off, it's always gonna lead to good things.
For the most part I agree, but I have to finally admit, I am not looking forward to seeing Little and Laine together again.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
At the very least, Dano has earned the right to keep his spot over Matthias, when Tanev eventually comes back. The ideal solution would be to pressbox Matthias and replace him with Tanev, which would keep the rest of the lineup and the special teams intact for now. That way, Lemieux could be sent down to play hockey too.

bog roll

Nov 16, 2016
I’m not much of a Dano fan. But if he can be a thorn on the opposition, he would bring something unique to the team. He took a beating there in front of the net and drew 4 minutes that resulted in a goal. I’d give him another game just for that.
Yep! Dano seems to be good at getting under the opposition’s skin. The grin probably helps and Jordan Nolan seemed to take exception to it, gave us 4 min PP. I’m in Holden’s camp on this guy. I think he has a lot of potential and needs to be used more.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

That's gotta be the kind of thing Maurice likes. It's like Stuart blocking pucks with his face, except fists (a.k.a. Thorburning).

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach confirms that Hellebuyck starts tomorrow vs. Hawks. Lowry/Tanev remain out and are unlikely for Saturday vs. Wild but it will be re-visited.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On Wheeler/Hellebuyck getting selected for the All-Star game. Status of Lowry/Tanev. Why is Mathieu Perreault “easy” to play with? When is it like to the team when a guy like Perreault works so hard? On today’s practice. Getting a chance to watch Hawks/Wild face off. Looking at the video of the 3rd period in Buffalo. Did he have to say much about the 3rd to his players?

To listen click here.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This will be a challenge for the Wheeler Line. Wonder how Quennville matches them.

I fully expect that line to get their heads kicked in.

The Hawks dominated the Wild last night but didn't come out of the game with a point. They will be angry

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I fully expect that line to get their heads kicked in.

The Hawks dominated the Wild last night but didn't come out of the game with a point. They will be angry

The Wheeler line might be OK at home. Not so much on the road. I've been hoping Lowry would be back tomorrow.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Would really love to see what a Dano-Roslovic-Armia line would do. Dano and Armia played together for like 15 seconds last game and had 3 good chances in that span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->