Rumor: Jets trying to move Mason Appleton

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If Copp isn’t signing a fair long term deal to stay in Winnipeg, I hope they leave him exposed for Seattle. It’s the most logical thing to do.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wish the Canucks traded for him instead or also traded for him in addition to Dickinson and left Motte exposed

Would have gone from having a terrible 3rd line to a solid one.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Moving Appleton would mean someone else gets claimed and most likely it would be a Dman in either DeMelo or Stanley. So, then the Jets would be down Appleton and one of the Dmen and get back what a draft pick in round 3? Is a 3rd round pick worth losing 2 instead of 1 roster player?

Probably not.

Stars moved Dickinson for a 3rd, but I don't see anyone that they would lose instead that would be of any signficance, which isn't the case with Winnipeg.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Wish the Canucks traded for him instead or also traded for him in addition to Dickinson and left Motte exposed

I think your under valuing Motte. Injuries killed him but he has been a different player since the bubble. Rousell is the guy ya move IMO. I still think we get a top six guy that will push Pearson down and all of a sudden one of our biggest issues is fixed.
Podz, Pearson, Dick, Motte, Beagle, Highmore, Lind, Gaj, Lockwood, Zac is not only a big improvement that's a lot of depth. A 3rd line of Podz, Jason, Pearson would create some favourable ice-time.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

I think considering Appleton is signed I am guessing they are looking for a 2nd at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad