Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Hellebuyck to 1 year $2.25M contract

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
For us posters that are slightly younger, and may not have seen SCTV during it's heyday, he also had a role in Happy Gilmore, as the guy hired by shooter McGavin to do his bidding.

However, you are both right. Flaherty is terrible.

How bout those poster who were born sometime in the past 2 decades since Happy Gilmore came out?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Big and Boring are my second-favourite county music duo.

Hellebuyck's largely responsible for the two wins so far. The Jets could easily be 0-4 right now based on their play. Outchanced in every game so far, giving up an average of 37 shots per game, PK is still crap... TGI .940!

Reactions: Board Bard

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
How bout those poster who were born sometime in the past 2 decades since Happy Gilmore came out?

It's their responsibility to familiarize themselves with the classics. ;) Back to Bucky, and therefore on topic...

It's nice that he is once again becoming a solid positional goalie, and he also seems to be doing a better job of post hugging on those side chances, but has his glove hand been tested yet? I think that's where a lot of us felt he was weak.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
It's their responsibility to familiarize themselves with the classics. ;) Back to Bucky, and therefore on topic...

It's nice that he is once again becoming a solid positional goalie, and he also seems to be doing a better job of post hugging on those side chances, but has his glove hand been tested yet? I think that's where a lot of us felt he was weak.

I've actually been watching for it and other than when he went in for Mason he has not really been tested all that much glove side. The Leafs went at him pretty good on that side but the Oilers/Canucks haven't. Against the Leafs it looked alright but tiny sample size.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I said in preseason he looked pretty solid. Will be interested to see how he does this year. D playing a lot better with no Buff, feel bad for Mason and what he had to deal with the first two games.
Funny how they said they've been working on Helle not going down as much... well I hope so.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ive said many times this summer that Helly will surprise people. His issue was confidence, he is showing what he can play like. I know it's a small sample but I love what I see in his game.

Reactions: Jets4Life

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
For us posters that are slightly younger, and may not have seen SCTV during it's heyday, he also had a role in Happy Gilmore, as the guy hired by shooter McGavin to do his bidding.

If you're ever up in section 113, and the other team's player is just about to fire the puck on a shootout or penalty shot, and you hear some fat bastard yell out "....jackass!", that would be me :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ive said many times this summer that Helly will surprise people. His issue was confidence, he is showing what he can play like. I know it's a small sample but I love what I see in his game.
He's been terrific. So much more confident.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

Slavin (or was it Hanafin) walked Tanev with about a minute left last night and blasted one labeled for the top corner. Helle came up with a beauty glove save. That's about the only one I can remember though.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Love the fact he won 3 in a row.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Columbus, Pittsburgh 2x and Minnesota
Some tough tests coming which obviously we want him to do well.
I want Mason to do well also.
The team didn’t play as well in front of Mason other than the first 12 mins of the Toronto game

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Sip
Goalies are Voodoo
Start doing Vodka shots to spur them on, just don’t drive those nights

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That's why we changed it to goalies are hoodoo. Keeps it fresh. :nod:
Could it be Santeria next? For inclusiveness. Hellboy been all too Christian (Cath/Luth/Other), good to have other neighbors in the mix. Hoodoo is a step up, I admit. [It was really spelled Vodou? but I digress because I don't really know jacques scheisse about this particular local scene.]

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
And have you noticed what Hellebuyck has. I'll spell it out loud: LE

Little
Scheifele
Ehlers
Wheeler
(sorta) Laine
(sorta inverted) Perreault
JoelArmia
TylerMyers

itsa dark magic i tellya

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Um well execution of the game plan went a long way.

Anyways if you want to credit the win to goaltending alone then are we allowed to discredit his record overy the last 20 years when he's had horrendous goaltending?

Or is this another one of those cherry picked anti PoMo posts.
I think it all kind of evens out over time - sometimes goaltending screws the team out of a win, and sometimes it steals a win they don't deserve. Sometimes it's not the biggest factor. But I think it's been a pretty big factor so far this year...and was in that game on Saturday. One thing that limits shots from the danger zone is not giving up rebounds...and Hellebuyck wasn't giving up many of those. I think that was more of a factor than some down low defensive boxout revelation that Maurice has suddenly impressed upon the team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad