Prospect Info: Jets Select Patrik Laine 2nd Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wher's the love the pick, hate the pick poll?

Tradition is tradition

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats! It was a toss up for me between Laine and Matthews, but I think both players have great skill sets. You guys got a great player.

nothingbutrum

Oct 24, 2014
vbookierehab
So glad 'lumbus pulled the Chevy reach and not Winnipeg...

Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine Laine

Can I get that sewn on a Jersey?

Teemu and Laine at the Heritage Classic will be a sight to behold.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So glad 'lumbus pulled the Chevy reach and not Winnipeg...

Yeah, I hate it when Chevy reaches. Last couple times that happened, we ended up with a top 2 defenseman who would probably go 4th overall in a redraft, and an emerging 1C who nearly scored 30g last year. Turrible.

;)

In all seriousness: love this pick, and very happy that we have a legit potentially elite player on the Jets to go along with Wheels, Buff, Scheif, etc.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, I hate it when Chevy reaches. Last couple times that happened, we ended up with a top 2 defenseman who would probably go 4th overall in a redraft, and an emerging 1C who nearly scored 30g last year. Turrible.

;)

In all seriousness: love this pick, and very happy that we have a legit potentially elite player on the Jets to go along with Wheels, Buff, Scheif, etc.

Oh snap!

Some get some water to put out that burn.

nothingbutrum

Oct 24, 2014
vbookierehab

;)

Just this year... Just this year.

I hope it works out for the Blue Jackets.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Patrik-Laine-post-draft-chat-300x166.png

Just finished chatting with Laine. Here is his scrum with media following his selection by the Jets. To listen click here.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
I will buy a bottle of Finnish Vodka in honour of this great day.

Any word on what number Laine will be wearing for the Jets?

I recommend Koskenkorva as your vodka. Also Jaloviina if have the chance (Jaloviina has a great history back to the Winter War).

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
As a Finn Jets fan couldnt be more happy with this pick! Finally its true! Cant wait for next season(s)!!:)

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
Finn Jets fan on the westcoast. Counting down the days to the back to back in Vancouver! Go Jets Go

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Beyond Excellent!

Congrats Laine and welcome to the PEG!

My thoughts:

Laine is going to have a chip on his shoulder whenever he plays against the Leafs hopefully one day Laine gets to play against TO for the cup and puts to bed who TO should of really picked!

Go Laine Go

Go Jets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad