Prospect Info: Jets select Johnathan Kovacevic #74 Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I personally like this pick a little more than Samberg.

19 points in 36 games was good for 9th in scoring among u20 D in the NCAA. A similar outcome from Samberg would be very very nice.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I personally like this pick a little more than Samberg.

19 points in 36 games was good for 9th in scoring among u20 D in the NCAA. A similar outcome from Samberg would be very very nice.

I think this is an underrated way of getting good prospects. If there is a player who has a draft+1 season that we would be happy with from a drafted player, nab him in the draft without looking back.

Kovacevic is another player who'll be playing in the Northeast, so there is a pretty good chance that I'll be able to catch a few games he plays over the next few years. Fun times.:nod:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think this is an underrated way of getting good prospects. If there is a player who has a draft+1 season that we would be happy with from a drafted player, nab him in the draft without looking back.

Kovacevic is another player who'll be playing in the Northeast, so there is a pretty good chance that I'll be able to catch a few games he plays over the next few years. Fun times.:nod:

I don't mind it for the mid to late rounds, but there is something to ne said for players who are standouts consistently, year after year.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Really liking his interviews and how enthusiastic he is to potentially be in Winnipeg. Nerding out over Scheifele and Ehlers etc. A good sign that if he progresses to NHL level and into free agency he'll stay signed here.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
1MdeUHZ.png

The list I used to do these didn't add overagers till the end of the season so that's why he only has the one data point but he looks pretty good by height/NHLE.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Do the Jets still own his rights for 4 years? Does him being an overage NCAA draftee change anything in how long the Jets get to hold his rights?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Well, that caught me by surprise. When you listed your location as The Bay Area, I assumed you meant The Bay Area, as in San Francisco.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok the more I look at this kid the more I really like the pick and by really like I mean a lot.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Ok the more I look at this kid the more I really like the pick and by really like I mean a lot.

One advantage is that he looks to be pretty close to pro ready right now and could provide us with some much needed depth on defence by next season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

If he continues to develop well he could be pushing for a contract sooner rather than later. I'd love to see near .7 points per game next year with continued strong scouting reports.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wow he seems like a great guy after watching his interviews :yo:
Hopefully he makes the team soon

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Liked this pick. Real solid value for his draft location, scouting reports seem to love him, and his interview was a gem.

We definitely appear to have taken a different (better) tact with our dmen selections this year and i'm liking it.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I wonder how his interview with the Jets went... based on that interview, I can really see why we reached for him at 74. If you have a kid who seemingly would like to be a part of the organization and shows it too, I can't judge them for taking a chance on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad