Proposal: Jets/Sabres

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
JFC, I honestly forgot how the majority of jets fans were so annoying and confrontational over anything and everything, I feel like such a dickhole now for rooting for them this year.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Lol it wasn’t a misuse of a phrase I All I was saying is that Buffalo needs a turn around, having 2 “Elite” Centers should make any team a playoff team but they’re the farthest from it. Picking apart a phrase doesn’t make me any less correct, it just means your reaching for the least relevant part of the argument it would be like me saying that reading an unexplained book wouldn’t necessarily make me better at math. All in all Buffalo is the worst team in the league and that’s not gonna change by doing the same thing every season(nothing), they need a turnaround.

A turn around is a 180. And picking apart a phrase does exactly that, make it less correct. What you typed is the opposite of what I assume you intended. Use your brain a bit and think.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
A turn around is a 180. And picking apart a phrase does exactly that, make it less correct. What you typed is the opposite of what I assume you intended. Use your brain a bit and think.

It’s called an error, everybody says them.

But again your running away on the point to hug up on an irrelevant subject.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Id do Little plus Perreault (Cap reasons) for ROR.

Buffalo wouldn't.

I like ROR but his 7.5 cap hit would be impossible .

Why would Wpg move ELC contracts totally like 2.5 3 million for a guy making 7.5

Love ROR but Little for sure needs to be moving out then in that deal.

Can't have scheif at 6.25 ish.. Ror at 7.5 and Little at 5.5 ish as your top 3 centers.

I wonder how both fan bases would feel about Little and Ehlers for ROR and Reinhart. Who adds?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wonder how both fan bases would feel about Little and Ehlers for ROR and Reinhart. Who adds?

I would do that as a Jets fan. Contracts will be close to same once Sam gets his. I think the Jets likely have to add something as well.

Little is still a very solid two way 2C. Ehlers is pure speed and vision.....dynamic player on a decent contract.

ROR is a good low end 1C or elite 2C depends on what you value most. Not a great contract overall, but can tolerate it losing Littles contract. Sam looks to be a young C developing still.

All four players are good, but Jets need to add something depending on Sabres biggest needs.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
JFC, I honestly forgot how the majority of jets fans were so annoying and confrontational over anything and everything, I feel like such a dickhole now for rooting for them this year.

5 or 6 posters, "the majority of Jets fans". Maybe you just need have thicker skin if these tame responses bother you.

1. We can't fit ROR with our cap situation, it would gut our team.
2. Trading 3 of our top 5 prospects for him and then having to gut our roster is even worse.
3. No one thinks he's a bad player, and we'd all love for him to magically be on our team, but he's not and the trade doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets88 and DRW204

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Majority?

You really claim to have spoken to the majority of Jets fans? Really? You mean to say you spoke to 2-3 posters who you think were Jets fans and didn’t agree with their POV.

Reactions: Jets88

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
5 or 6 posters, "the majority of Jets fans". Maybe you just need have thicker skin if these tame responses bother you.

1. We can't fit ROR with our cap situation, it would gut our team.
2. Trading 3 of our top 5 prospects for him and then having to gut our roster is even worse.
3. No one thinks he's a bad player, and we'd a love for him to magically be on our team, but he's not and the trade doesn't fit.

Agreed

All of our points are very clear and basic....not hard to understand. Cap world we live in.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think the value is right on. But I don't see why Winnipeg or Buffalo does it. More so Winnipeg

I’m fine calling values equal, either way I don’t think they are far apart. Sabre fan made the offer so I assume he sees it as:

ROR > Little (the > might of been bigger but ROR contract is not good so it hurts his value a bit)

Sam < Ehlers (Ehlers has a decent long term deal for a 22 yr old guy who just scored 29 goals)

Ehlers would be great with Eichel and Little is a very solid 2C.

Jets do it to get a more offensive 2C & 3C, we can backfill Ehlers lose on wing albeit with a guy who isn’t as good with our winger depth.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I agree vesalainen will probably be a very good player, and roslovic is promising, but the jets are entering a cup window and right now ROR helps them a hell of a lot more than either of them

Try to learn about a team's cap situation before advocating for stupid trades like this. There's no way on earth the Jets can take on ROR's contract with the players they need to sign this offseason. Players like Roslovic and Vesalainen on cost-controlled ELCs that can contribute next season have way more value to the Jets than large contracts do. No way they even discuss this trade.

Reactions: Snowman

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
JFC, I honestly didn't know a person can get this but-hurt from a few fans on a message board to the point where they question real life decisions. Majority of Jets fans have given legitimate reasons why we can't take on ROR, even though he is an excellent player.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I am honestly baffled by Jets fans reactions to this. A top shutdown C who can net 60 points, and a C prospect, for a decent young player, a B prospects and a D prospect.

In a trade i think ROR could net that sort of package, probably a bit less. However, the Jets simply cannot do it b/c they will need the ELCs with Laine/Connor/Helle/Trouba/Morrissey ELCs expiring, and an impending raise with Wheeler. Obviously this means we cannot take on 7.5M in salary as well. If Little wasn't signed long term at 5.3M then there's more of a discussion.

The Jets prospect pool is also getting a bit thin on depth with players graduating the past couple seasons so depleting it on one player who plays a position of not a huge need is not a smart choice. Samberg is the Jets 2nd best D prospect, Vesalainen imo is higher than a B prospect and could be in the NHL very soon, and Roslovic has potential to be a C which would raise his team value.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I am honestly baffled by Jets fans reactions to this. A top shutdown C who can net 60 points, and a C prospect, for a decent young player, a B prospects and a D prospect.

Me too I said this earlier in the thread.

A 60 point two way center signed long term is not a bad thing. The only forwards as important to the team as ROR would be Wheeler Scheif and maybe Laine...

Now we can't trade all the cheap help, but we do have some movable players like Perreault Myers and Kulikov with modified NTC to ease the cap pain.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
In a trade i think ROR could net that sort of package, probably a bit less. However, the Jets simply cannot do it b/c they will need the ELCs with Laine/Connor/Helle/Trouba/Morrissey ELCs expiring, and an impending raise with Wheeler. Obviously this means we cannot take on 7.5M in salary as well. If Little wasn't signed long term at 5.3M then there's more of a discussion.

The Jets prospect pool is also getting a bit thin on depth with players graduating the past couple seasons so depleting it on one player who plays a position of not a huge need is not a smart choice. Samberg is the Jets 2nd best D prospect, Vesalainen imo is higher than a B prospect and could be in the NHL very soon, and Roslovic has potential to be a C which would raise his team value.

Salary concerns I agree with. The undervaluing of ROR or overvaluing of Jets prospects, I don't agree.

A B prospect is anyone below blue chip. I wouldn't say Vasalainen is a blue chip guy.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Salary concerns I agree with. The undervaluing of ROR or overvaluing of Jets prospects, I don't agree.

A B prospect is anyone below blue chip. I wouldn't say Vasalainen is a blue chip guy.
Wasn't sure how you defined prospects. Vesalainen looks really promising, but he could tap out at Joel Armia or be a 30-30 guy, he has overplayed his draft position though imo. No one is undervaluing ROR at least I am not. I have said he would probably return a similar package, I think a piece less and is paid pretty fairly considering he is in his prime years and his deal ends in his 32 YO year (so a year or 2 in his decline). Seems like a lot of Jets fans have mentioned he's a great player as well.

He is not a player of position that we should deplete the pool and have to shuffle a lot of money for. The Jets were a 114 pt team this year, and a 110 pt paced team w/o Stastny and Little having his worst year in a while. Would rather see if Little can bounce back, keep our ELCs/promising prospects which will be very valuable very soon, keep Roslovic who has Centre potential, and not have to shuffle a bunch of money in the upcoming years.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The value isn't terrible but it makes no sense to gut the Jets' prospects for someone who is just going to force us to move more salary out.

ROR is a good player but he is not worth getting rid of all of our top prospects and having to potentially trade off other pieces of the roster to fit in.

Reactions: Snowman and DRW204

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
A struggling prospect is worth more than thriving prospects because draft position. Good luck with that kind of logic. Nylander is not even a good player on his AHL team.
Hope you remember this thread when you realize the first few years doesn't define a career especially when Nylander was hurt to start and it lingered on but ok. I forget every prospect is the same and will turn out exactly how they played when they were 18-20. I would take Nylander over Roslovic easy.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You want a 22 year old guy that has a 6 year contract that just scored 29 goals and you are wondering who adds?
I mean Reinhart is 22 and just scored 25 goals despite being stuck on an abyss known as the Sabres 3rd line for a portion of the season where Kane couldn't get anything done either despite playing much better for the Sharks and was pretty much PPG when he was with Eichel. Don't pretend that the Sabres aren't trading anything valuable here.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
As almost all Jets fans have stated it’s not about values.....values are pointless to discuss regarding the OP when there is zero means to fit ROR cap hit on our team without moving out and extra core piece on top of the other moves that are needed just to sign our young players. No team can just sign all the best players......cap restricts that. As stated before I would do:

ROR & Sam R for Little & Ehlers

But either way we can’t take on 12+ million (ROR & Sams new deal) in cap without send roughly a equal amount back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad