Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Hutchinson and Roslovic (both for 2nd time) (with link)

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
It's interesting that we have no idea what Steve Mason is suffering from, but a week wasn't enough to solve it. He had the concussion earlier in the season, but he's also played some games in the interim. So, what's the deal?
When he got hurt just before the break, they said he was hit in the head with the puck during warm up. That pretty well sounds like it's another concussion.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
poor guy. He's had the worst luck since Winnipeg. I certainly hope he bounces back next year. Seems like a quality individual, and want to see him rebound

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
poor guy. He's had the worst luck since Winnipeg. I certainly hope he bounces back next year. Seems like a quality individual, and want to see him rebound

I think the Jets organization knew what they were getting. I read a story on these boards about his injuries in Philly. There was a controversy about bringing back early and having to play while injured. (Concussion).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Except they were horrible the last 2 games. If we are going to make the playoffs I would rather start without Dano thank you very much.

I don't care if they were the 2 worst players in the league (which they were not). Their impact playing a few minutes on the 4th line with Hendricks wouldn't = disaster.

If you have a case to make against either, or both, then go ahead and make it. Adjectives like "disaster" tell me nothing about what you see in their play. What did they do so badly, or do that was such a bad thing to do, to justify that conclusion? By what mechanism did they prevent all of their teammates but 1 from scoring in each of those last 2 games? What parts did they play in the 6 goals we gave up in those 2 games?

Reactions: Jet and adammlis

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't care if they were the 2 worst players in the league (which they were not). Their impact playing a few minutes on the 4th line with Hendricks wouldn't = disaster.

If you have a case to make against either, or both, then go ahead and make it. Adjectives like "disaster" tell me nothing about what you see in their play. What did they do so badly, or do that was such a bad thing to do, to justify that conclusion? By what mechanism did they prevent all of their teammates but 1 from scoring in each of those last 2 games? What parts did they play in the 6 goals we gave up in those 2 games?
Well said.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tanev is apparently coming back to the lineup, which likely means that Lowry will remain sidelined. For f***'s sake.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mason has been one huge waste of money.

The only benefit to signing him has been the resurgence of Helle, but even that is giving Mason too much credit for Helle's success.

Mason has gone to extremes of good and bad. He has also been the victim of poor play in front of him. But he has been very good in about half his games, saved us in a couple.

IMO, he should have been played more once he settled in and started playing well. He sat too long and lost his edge again. Can't prove it one way or another of course.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Tanev is apparently coming back to the lineup, which likely means that Lowry will remain sidelined. For ****'s sake.

Nothing against Tanev but I don't much care that he is back. Lowry is missed big time.

Edit: Copp is doing a good job filling in for Lowry but with Lowry back we have a lot more options at C. Don't know how PMo would use those options.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Mason has been one huge waste of money.

The only benefit to signing him has been the resurgence of Helle, but even that is giving Mason too much credit for Helle's success.
I was trying to be tactful about this and thankfully you took the lead. I wish Mase nothing but a speedy recovery and the best of health, but, this organization appears better without him. Hutch has some how caught lightening in a bottle and if he can translate to the NHL game then I really do think we will not only keep our playoff spot but could do damage.

Reactions: Flair Hay

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Mason is a .911 over his career.
Hutch is a .910.

Mason obviously has a much larger sample, but we've seen Hutch play well for stretches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180112-175019.png
    Screenshot_20180112-175019.png
    462.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm really happy Tanev is back. I love what he brings to the lineup, but lets be honest - of the two I was really hoping for the return of Big AL

I hope he doesn't end up with a f***y shoulder. That will inhibit the game he plays.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was probably too quick to dismiss the benefit of getting Tanev back. The energy he brings is valuable and he helps keep us on the positive side of the penalty count.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm really happy Tanev is back. I love what he brings to the lineup, but lets be honest - of the two I was really hoping for the return of Big AL

I hope he doesn't end up with a ****y shoulder. That will inhibit the game he plays.

Out of the guys that have been pleasant suprises this season Lowry is close to the top for me. Being able to have him actually match up vs the best and more than hold his own opens up so many options for the Jets.

Reactions: Ducky10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Nothing against Tanev but I don't much care that he is back. Lowry is missed big time.

Edit: Copp is doing a good job filling in for Lowry but with Lowry back we have a lot more options at C. Don't know how PMo would use those options.

I think Tanev is a huge upgrade to the fore check compared to what Matthias was doing there.
Perhaps a SHG incoming ?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Out of the guys that have been pleasant suprises this season Lowry is close to the top for me. Being able to have him actually match up vs the best and more than hold his own opens up so many options for the Jets.

I always thought that Lowry's terrible second season was related to some sort of abdominal, core, groan whatever issue.
He was unable to dominate physically and it resulted in a very poor season.
Hopefully his injury is FULLY HEALED when he returns other wise we may see a very diminished player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad