Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Hutchinson and Roslovic (both for 2nd time) (with link)

Krave

Dec 30, 2016
My guess is that they were sent down just for the break and recalled to fill in the roles they were before the break. I was very curious by it also but that is the only thing that really makes sense at the moment.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
My guess is that they were sent down just for the break and recalled to fill in the roles they were before the break. I was very curious by it also but that is the only thing that really makes sense at the moment.

It makes sense from a salary cap point of view to send them down. Thos 5 days they were not counting against the cap (except $125k of Hutch)

Accrued cap space can be used to acquire player(s) before the deadline and they still have the ELC bonuses to be wary of.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree. I've really liked Tanev's game this season but I think Lowry is more important/less replaceable to the team. I think his absence has really showed that he's much more important than he gets credit for around here.

Yup, especially on the road without him and Scheifele we have real issues with matchups.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
The Lowry injury scares me if that’s who is deemed to be not ready to go.

I know we are only speculating but if it’s upper body/shoulder again...is it a chronic issue for him going forward? That will suck!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It's interesting that we have no idea what Steve Mason is suffering from, but a week wasn't enough to solve it. He had the concussion earlier in the season, but he's also played some games in the interim. So, what's the deal?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's interesting that we have no idea what Steve Mason is suffering from, but a week wasn't enough to solve it. He had the concussion earlier in the season, but he's also played some games in the interim. So, what's the deal?

Betting money is concussion symptoms

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Based on what? A bad flu can knock someone out for over a week. H3N2 is a nasty one from what I've read.

Sure anything is possible but all the speculation on the radio I heard yesterday was about a concussion re-occurrance

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
As the old saying goes, when you speculate you make a spec out of u and... OK, maybe I'm thinking of a different saying. :huh:

It was somewhat reasoned. Basically how quickly the Jets sent Mason back to Winnipeg to visit with their medical staff although if he had the flu that could also just serve to keep him away from teammates.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Or, they want Comrie to continue to get a lot of starts. Mason wasn't getting many behind Helle, so I doubt Hutch will get many either.

Makes sense. But the first time they needed a callup they turned to Comrie. I agree Hutch isn't likely to play much, if at all. PMo has shown that he doesn't mind starting Helle in b2b's.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really sucks since its the second time in a short span of time.

Wonder if it is the same concussion not having fully healed or is it another?

We don't know for certain that it is concussion but it sounds that way.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad