Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Brian Strait. Again.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't understand this move.

We're not in the playoff race.

Brian Strait will not be in the NHL next season.

Why not bring up a young player and see what he can do?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I would rather call up Kichton but with regards to youngsters neither Kostelek nor Nogier look anywhere near close to ready.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Because it's the Jets, #loyalty before sense. :help:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Or no one at all rather than this. Ridiculous.

They could sign Czuczman to a PTO and give him a look. If he does well give him a 2 way NHL deal for next year.

If this is necessitated by continued injuries to Enstrom and Trouba then Nogier, Kostalek, Stoykewich, Jeebus! :shakehead:shakehead

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So the Jets are going to play their #10 defensemen in a meaningless game or two down the stretch while they rest D that are a bit less than 100%. This is going to be a very popular thread, for some reason...

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Does Kichton exist anymore? Was he just a figment of our collective imagination?

Melchiori and Strait are two of the worst players on the ice anytime I watch a Moose game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So the Jets are going to play their #10 defensemen in a meaningless game or two down the stretch while they rest D that are a bit less than 100%. This is going to be a very popular thread, for some reason...

Meh, it's just about why not try somebody else in a meaningless game or two? It makes no difference, I'd prefer to see something else for interest's sake.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He's actually gonna dress this time.

Old man Morrissey will have to carry him.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
'strait will never ever suit up for the jets. So quit whining.'
' strait is only playing because the games are meaningless now'.
Goalposts moving.
So apparently our prospect D pool is so bad that they can't even be given garbage end of season games....

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
321 defenders to play 250 minutes over the past 3 seasons combined. Here's their relCorsi and their ranking from worst to best of the 321:
C7OSg6jVAAANhSK.jpg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Buff, Morrissey, Postma and Chiarot will start for sure and with our injuries, I think they should.
Kichton is not a very good skater and horrible defensively...good point producer and PP...shoulnd't dress.
Mel...shouldn't dress.
Stu...shouldn't dress.
Strait...I don't kow too much about except what I read on here and other places, I have never seen him play.
We could ask Buff to mive back to D??? I kid, I kid.

PTO the churchman and give him a look is the logical thing isn't it? I can't see that D man getting too much more than 10 minutes...

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Buff Melchiori
Strait Morrissey
Stu Chia

That's what IT will be

Buff Melchiori Morrissey all over 20 minutes. Strait will get close to that also cuz our D coach is awful

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Honestly at this point... I'll watch but I don't really care. I'm just watching the kids... I guess the worst news in my opinion isn't that strait is being brought up cuz WHO cares really... it's that trouba is out a week and he's one of the kids I enjoyed watching.

Guess Good luck to helle playing with 2 NHL D (buff Morrissey) and a ahl bottom 4.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Because it's the Jets, #loyalty before sense. :help:

What "loyalty" are they employing making this callup? He was a FA pickup for the Moose last year.
Loyalty would be calling up someone who has been grinding it out down there for years.
I cannot figure out where you were even going with that comment, unless it was just to complain about the org.

:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->