Confirmed with Link: Jets make Q/O's

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm surprised to see Nogier qualified. There are only so many roster spots for defensemen, and he just seems like a guy on a road to nowhere. Maybe he's got that gritty, gud pro quality this organization seems to covet.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Not surprised about Spacek, but am about Nogier and Niku to varying degrees.

I guess Nogier will be with the Moose and Niku in the press box?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not surprised about Spacek, but am about Nogier and Niku to varying degrees.

I guess Nogier will be with the Moose and Niku in the press box?

Nogier likely wears a letter for the Moose. Jets obviously don't have a lot of confidence in Luke Green. With Kovacevic, Gawanke, Nogier behind Poolman at the depth end of RD, Nogier is insurance. He can step up to the Jets, play 10-12 minutes, kill penalties. The other 2 should be ahead of him, but both are only 2nd year players, so you don't take their progression as a given. And the Jets don't want to be short on depth after last year.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
no surprises. Not shocked to see them not tender one to Spacek, he just couldn't elevate his game after his rokkie AHL year.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They will all sign i think.

Well 3 of them will probably get 2 way contracts, so there shouldn't be much difficulty in that. Roslovic is probably the only one who gets over $1 million.

Different offseason than last year or next year, potentially.

Reactions: PhilJets

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Nogier is still considered a developmental player in the AHL and not a Vet. For that reason he is a cheap insurance type player for our 9/10 Depth man spot in the AHL.
Kovecevic / Gawanke getting close room surpassing him on the call up lists. Both of which are higher up on prospect lists but needing more experience.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nogier dressed as a forward last season for the Moose because there were too many defensemen ahead of him on the depth chart. But whatever. He's cheap insurance - for the Moose. Don't think he sees any NHL action again unless he is a very late bloomer.

Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Sad to see that this is the end of Spacek as a Jet. He was my dark horse pick to make an impact on the big club during his time in the WHL and early Moose. Not sure what happened in the last couple of years with the Moose.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad