Jets Magic Number?

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Conference updates:
The way that perds loss went down was sweet. That vegas win was not. GJG!
DZ6g-99XkAA0vFm.jpg

DZ6g7D_WsAE05wE.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets resurrected from the grave in this chart after last nights results

IMG_0831.png

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Weren't a few people claiming it was going to take 100+ points for a Central team to clinch even a wild card spot? looks like Avs or Blues will be getting in with the usual 95-97 points

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Weren't a few people claiming it was going to take 100+ points for a Central team to clinch even a wild card spot? looks like Avs or Blues will be getting in with the usual 95-97 points

If St Louis doesn't get another point then 93 would be enough

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Congratulations to Nashville for clinching 1st in the central and the Presidents Trophy

Tonight the Jets did however clinch the second best record in the West. Vegas cannot catch us. :handclap:

Can someone clarify, i thought Vegas gets 2nd spot and home ice if we meet them in the 3rd round. Division winners get 1st and 2nd place regardless of points. Because honestly that is the only thing that would have mattered concerning Vegas.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Can someone clarify, i thought Vegas gets 2nd spot and home ice if we meet them in the 3rd round. Division winners get 1st and 2nd place regardless of points. Because honestly that is the only thing that would have mattered concerning Vegas.
Aavco posted the NHL rules earlier. Once you get to the conference finals home ice advantage is determined by regular season points. As is the Stanley cup finals.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay

Nope:

First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals. Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

NHL Hockey Standings

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Seeding only happens in the first two rounds

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Conference updates:
So it's come down to this last game between colorado and st.louis to get in. Anyone know what's the next tie breaker used if Colorado wins it in overtime? Is it head to head wins?
Sharks can go from home ice to a wildcard team, and vice versa for the kings depending on how things play out. Quite the swing.
Would love the jets to finish 1 measly single point back of the best team in the entire league. Simmer down perds, you're not that much better...:naughty: GJG!

DaJ12-QX4AAdsoT.jpg

DaJ1y7xWsAAusN9.jpg

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Tie Breakers

1. ROW

(Currently STL 41 COL 40)

2. Points head to head. If odd # of games 1st home game of city with extra game not counted

(Currently STL 4 COL 2)

3. Goal differential

(Currently COL +17 STL +7)

----------------------

Scenarios

COL regulation win. COL qualifies.

Any other result means STL qualifies.

Reactions: Guilty Party

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Tie Breakers

1. ROW

(Currently STL 41 COL 40)

2. Points head to head. If odd # of games 1st home game of city with extra game not counted

(Currently STL 4 COL 2)

3. Goal differential

(Currently COL +17 STL +7)

----------------------

Scenarios

COL regulation win. COL qualifies.

Any other result means STL qualifies.

So, if it’s tied in the 3rd with 2 min left to play, Colorado would pull their goalie to get the win?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Jets will end up

2nd in Central
2nd in Western Conference
2nd or 3rd in the NHL

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Playoff matchups are set except the Bruins and Lightning would swap places if the Bruins collect 2 points tomorrow

IMG_0858.jpg

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Conference updates:
The west is set! I like all the series there.
As for the east? It's been like a month the leafs have been slated for 3rd, and they still don't know who they are playing? That's too funny.

What a year it has been. From that ridiculous season opener to last night's somber win, and everything in between that set the table.
For years we've believed this team has had so much potential and finally we've seen this potential come to fruition. Feels so good to head into the playoffs in the position we're in. Lots of work ahead to do, but this 114 point, 52 win season has been very fulfilling.
Lets keep the good vibes going Jets. GJG!

DaPHnv9X4AAJz96.jpg

DaPHivLX4AAmp-V.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->