OT: Jets Lounge: Rogue Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So, I'm bought The Witcher III with expansion packs the other day, cause I'm on my break and I'll be darned before I do something productive on my break.

And it's freaking amazing. But I feel like I'm missing out by not playing the first two.

Question: Should I invest time and money in the first two games before continuing with the third?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So, I'm bought The Witcher III with expansion packs the other day, cause I'm on my break and I'll be darned before I do something productive on my break.

And it's freaking amazing. But I feel like I'm missing out by not playing the first two.

Question: Should I invest time and money in the first two games before continuing with the third?

I have barely played Witcher 3 (such a huge backlog of games I have right now) but I felt the same early on as well. But when I researched it I found many things saying the first 2 don't come close to comparing to Witcher 3.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I have barely played Witcher 3 (such a huge backlog of games I have right now) but I felt the same early on as well. But when I researched it I found many things saying the first 2 don't come close to comparing to Witcher 3.

Yeah, that's what I've gathered as well. However, I LOVED playing through 3 games as Shepard in Mass Effect, and while it appears that Witcher doesn't build on itself the same way, I feel like I might be missing out on an experience if I don't play them.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Watched Rogue 1. Way better than the Force Awakens. Anybody who knows star wars already knows the spoiler but it was still intense.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Meant to post earlier...

$10 Fir trees 6-8' at Superstore, marked down from $45
Got mine at St Anne's, stock is getting low, assume they have the same deal at their other stores

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Meant to post earlier...

$10 Fir trees 6-8' at Superstore, marked down from $45
Got mine at St Anne's, stock is getting low, assume they have the same deal at their other stores
Not necessarily. Depends on stock and store manager.

1 more day of work and 2 more sleeps until I blow this popsicle stand. Only going to Edmonton but I get out of Winnipeg

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Vader is Lukes father
Han Solo dies
Solo and Leia hook up
Vader turns on the emperor at the end
A parsec actually is a measure of distance
Han shot first

Am I banned yet?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Vader is Lukes father
Han Solo dies
Solo and Leia hook up
Vader turns on the emperor at the end
A parsec actually is a measure of distance
Han shot first

Am I banned yet?

I have it on good authority that Han Solo is not dead. In the next Star Wars, Leia wakes up and finds Han in the shower. With Chewbacca. There is a moment of uncomfortable silence. Then some Ewoks appear with breakfast trays, and a good laugh is had by all.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have it on good authority that Han Solo is not dead. In the next Star Wars, Leia wakes up and finds Han in the shower. With Chewbacca. There is a moment of uncomfortable silence. Then some Ewoks appear with breakfast trays, and a good laugh is had by all.

That's a goddamn spoiler!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Yeah, that's what I've gathered as well. However, I LOVED playing through 3 games as Shepard in Mass Effect, and while it appears that Witcher doesn't build on itself the same way, I feel like I might be missing out on an experience if I don't play them.

Witcher 3 is so well presentated! So many flashback moments and story moments that pick up, in a very well explaining why, the happenings of the past. I haven't played a second of Witcher 1 and 2 and never had the feeling to be missing something when I played through Witcher 3 - which was by FAAAAAAR the best open-world-RPG beside GTA V in the last 10 years IMO.

A very underrated thing I LOVED about Witcher 3 was the loading scren in which they summarized what you lately did in your playthrough. Amazing idea and great execution. I really wish more games would have or will pick it up. It's actually one of the biggest obstacles for me to continue playing big games like this: I have a tough time getting back into the deep immersive experience after not having played for a couple of days, let alone week. Witcher 3 makes it easy for you to be right back in it.

CD Project Red can't be praised enough for what they did with this game.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario

IMO The Witcher 1 is terrible, don't try to pick it up. Combat is awful, voice acting is less than stellar, and it has not aged well at all.

I did dabble a little bit in The Witcher 2 and it's actually a good game, but I couldn't get into it the way I got into The Witcher 3. But it's still worth a shot.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Working day 4/6 in a row, Christmas Day off, then right back on again.

Probably buying a TV this week too.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Witcher 3 is so well presentated! So many flashback moments and story moments that pick up, in a very well explaining why, the happenings of the past. I haven't played a second of Witcher 1 and 2 and never had the feeling to be missing something when I played through Witcher 3 - which was by FAAAAAAR the best open-world-RPG beside GTA V in the last 10 years IMO.

A very underrated thing I LOVED about Witcher 3 was the loading scren in which they summarized what you lately did in your playthrough. Amazing idea and great execution. I really wish more games would have or will pick it up. It's actually one of the biggest obstacles for me to continue playing big games like this: I have a tough time getting back into the deep immersive experience after not having played for a couple of days, let alone week. Witcher 3 makes it easy for you to be right back in it.

CD Project Red can't be praised enough for what they did with this game.

Second your opinion. Witcher 3 is probably thee best open world game I have played and I was not even into the RPG style games at all. This game really just takes you in and absorbs you into their world.

The Blood and Wine expansion is ridiculous....easily a full price title value all in its self.

currently just finished my second play through. after BandW came out. going to set it down and probably do it again sometime next year. I don't think any game can compare to what witcher 3 offers....maybe Red Dead 2 when it releases.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Got a hip injection today. It was supposed to be both but he just ended up doing the left. It's stiff and a bit uncomfortable now but I can feel it's lubricated better. The feel literally went from a dry squeeky door hinge to one that's well lubed. The injection also helps the body rebuild cartilage but that takes a bit. Hopefully it works!

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
I moving to Calgary in 2.5 weeks and I'm wondering how others watch Jets game outside of Manitoba? If I buy NHL centre ice will all the Jets games be available on there? Any other suggestions?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Encarnacion signed with Indians in MLB :cry: (for less than the Blue Jays' initial offer :shakehead, great agent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad