OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good choice. Watch your speed around the perimeter and through Headingley, aroun.d Virden and Indian Head. And construction zones, of course. All are well known for speed traps. Of course, the crafty buggers could be anywhere, so I never, ever exceed the speed limit. By much. :)

haha, thanks. I tend to be someone who isn`t much of a speeder plus, our Hyundai Tucson not known for setting speed records either:)

We`ll be leaving each city/town about 9 am and driving for 8 hrs a day with, of course, some stops for the pooch and for lunch. We`ll be picking up some goodies at the grocery stores along the way to make sandwiches and our hope is to pull into each town/city about 6-7, our GPS is pretty good with alerting us of construction zones and road closures. I was speaking to a friend who did the trek about a dozen years ago and he said it`s a really simple drive, especially the way were doing it with absolutely no set date we need to arrive in Victoria by. We`re meeting family in Crowsnest Pass for a family reunion on the weekend of the 25th so were leaving Halifax on the the previous Saturday.

Edmunston NB, Ottawa, Sault Ste Marie, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Regina then off to Crowsnest on the Friday, so a few days just past the 8 hour mark and a few shorter one`s

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
haha, thanks. I tend to be someone who isn`t much of a speeder plus, our Hyundai Tucson not known for setting speed records either:)

We`ll be leaving each city/town about 9 am and driving for 8 hrs a day with, of course, some stops for the pooch and for lunch. We`ll be picking up some goodies at the grocery stores along the way to make sandwiches and our hope is to pull into each town/city about 6-7, our GPS is pretty good with alerting us of construction zones and road closures. I was speaking to a friend who did the trek about a dozen years ago and he said it`s a really simple drive, especially the way were doing it with absolutely no set date we need to arrive in Victoria by. We`re meeting family in Crowsnest Pass for a family reunion on the weekend of the 25th so were leaving Halifax on the the previous Saturday.

Edmunston NB, Ottawa, Sault Ste Marie, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Regina then off to Crowsnest on the Friday, so a few days just past the 8 hour mark and a few shorter one`s

As you pass through Dryden, ON (halfway between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg) give it a wave for me. Also take the time to stop at the Chris Pronger sign and worship upon the altar. ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I live in Royalwood and the second floor of my home just shook with that last crack of thunder. Never felt one that intense in my life.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With this storm, I thank God that my parking spot at home is covered.

I would just like some power. Hydro twitter told me no eta. Already killed battery on laptop, gfs laptop and gfs phone. Saving my tablet for power for alarm for gf, and my phone is at just 50%. Just wanna finish watching BB game lol.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
The older I get the less and less excited I am for new games. Not cause I don't want to play games or anything, it's just that I don't ever have time to learning the mechanics/lore/gameplay of new games. I find myself more and more replaying games like KOTOR, Civ 5, SC2, Mass Effect 1-4, Gears of War 1-4, AC 1-4, etc. Recently I even went and found my 18 year old disc copy of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 to replay. I haven't even really gotten into Civ 6 since it's so much different and I just can't be bothered to learn the new mechanics.

Recently I've found the games I like more and more are things that are not based on reaction skills or gaming talent. Things like XCOM (turn based tactical) or Pillars of Eternity (while playing it scaled really far down on "story mode" so fighting is super easy). I just want good story and fairly easy combat or turn based tactical combat.

I hate that I can relate and I’m only in my early 20s. :help:
All games on medium at max, otherwise easy/story mode to make the most of the week I’ll spend playing it then putting it down for an eternity.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I hate that I can relate and I’m only in my early 20s. :help:
All games on medium at max, otherwise easy/story mode to make the most of the week I’ll spend playing it then putting it down for an eternity.
It isn't a phase, it is life. I was a huge gamer back in the day but they lost appeal for me. I vividly remember purchasing the first Assassins Creed when it came out, and I played it for about 3 hours before the repetitiveness drove me insane. Within two weeks I sold my 360 and all games on Kijiji. I have a Steam account with probably close to 40 games on it, and have only 4 games actually installed on my computer. Of those 4 games, only 1 game, Rome Total War 2, I have played in the past year, and I more so attribute that to my fixation on ancient Rome than my love for the game.

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
We just came back to Winnipeg from visiting in Calgary.
Set the cruise at 118, Manitoba roads are awful with Saskatchewan and Alberta roads are great.
On the way to Calgary we stayed at the Best Western in Swift and on the way home we stayed at the Best Western in Moosomin.
They were both excellent plus Free Breakfasts.
When your going West and want to get on Ring Road in Regina take caution and make sure it is Ring Road as there is a lot of construction on the south part of Regina.
If your going west of Calgary I would spend time in Canmore and not the crowded Banff.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
We just came back to Winnipeg from visiting in Calgary.
Set the cruise at 118, Manitoba roads are awful with Saskatchewan and Alberta roads are great.
On the way to Calgary we stayed at the Best Western in Swift and on the way home we stayed at the Best Western in Moosomin.
They were both excellent plus Free Breakfasts.
When your going West and want to get on Ring Road in Regina take caution and make sure it is Ring Road as there is a lot of construction on the south part of Regina.
If your going west of Calgary I would spend time in Canmore and not the crowded Banff.

My experience is the exact opposite. The highways in Saskatchewan outside the #1, #11 Regina to Saskatoon, and #16 from Saskatoon to Llyodminister tend to be absolute trash. Meanwhile Manitoba has resurfaced large portions of their highways in the past decade, many of them are basically brand new.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Anyone else notice that the quality of avatar around here is sufficiently high that you could spend your day browsing through them.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
They ate my garden last year. I didn't do one this year. I don't like that they eat the garden but baby bunnies are cute.

Have 3 that live around my place. First year they showed up they ate everything.... Put a wire fence around the garden and now everyone is happy.

250px-Rabbit_in_montana.jpg

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Good luck. Our neighbour's cat does a pretty good job of keeping the local rabbit population in check.
Rabbit population in Winnipeg pretty much exploded when the cat by-law went into effect ( as well as the populations of rodents in general). Certainly there are many that don't pay any attention to the by-law and let their cats roam, but it did significantly reduce the number of cats outdoors. Unintended consequences.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I have some rabbits that like to hang out in my backyard but strangely enough don't care about my garden or flowers at all. I always assume they will eat away the lettuce at a minimum but nope, they just lounge in the sun.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I have some rabbits that like to hang out in my backyard but strangely enough don't care about my garden or flowers at all. I always assume they will eat away the lettuce at a minimum but nope, they just lounge in the sun.

Sounds like they might be eating your cilantro. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->