OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm never buying a goddamn Pontiac car again. What a piece of shit. Been to the mechanic 4 times in 3 years, two repairs over 1K. This latest one the two different mechanics have been unable to diagnose why the f***er shuts off the engine every few minutes for no apparent reason, including while your driving the thing. It's a "safety" feature to protect the engine, cause a feel real safe when my engine shuts off as turn left on a major street. Now I have to just store the thing for now, might end up just having to scrap it for a few hundred dollars, after paying 6500$ for it 3 years ago (less than 120K currently on the odometer).

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Who is wearing their jersey at work tomorrow?
Haven’t decided yet. It’s probably against dress code and I’ll definitely be the only one. On the other hand it could be an interesting talking point with students. Maybe I’ll go for one of my tshirts instead.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Haven’t decided yet. It’s probably against dress code and I’ll definitely be the only one. On the other hand it could be an interesting talking point with students. Maybe I’ll go for one of my tshirts instead.

I'm a teacher and I'm wearing mine. What's the worst that could happen?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm never buying a goddamn Pontiac car again. What a piece of ****. Been to the mechanic 4 times in 3 years, two repairs over 1K. This latest one the two different mechanics have been unable to diagnose why the ****er shuts off the engine every few minutes for no apparent reason, including while your driving the thing. It's a "safety" feature to protect the engine, cause a feel real safe when my engine shuts off as turn left on a major street. Now I have to just store the thing for now, might end up just having to scrap it for a few hundred dollars, after paying 6500$ for it 3 years ago (less than 120K currently on the odometer).
That's shitty. Sucks to get a lemon like that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Last night my company had a wrap party for the new convention we host. They closed down Marvel Island for us, set up food and bars, had the rides open, caricatures, the characters for photo ops. It was unbelievable. Nothing like having the Hulk roll back into the station with everyone chanting GO JETS GO!

I never thought I'd leave radio almost 4 years ago now, much less to work at a call center. But this company (a Winnipeg company btw) sponsored me to come work and live here by the beach, and has allowed me so many one of a kind opportunities (last year we rented out hogsmeade).

It's the same company that sponsors the Jets Ice crew. Thing is, I actually love my job. too. I am so lucky. Still miss radio but so happy I made the switch. Hoping the Jets and Bolts meet in the final!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm never buying a goddamn Pontiac car again. What a piece of ****. Been to the mechanic 4 times in 3 years, two repairs over 1K. This latest one the two different mechanics have been unable to diagnose why the ****er shuts off the engine every few minutes for no apparent reason, including while your driving the thing. It's a "safety" feature to protect the engine, cause a feel real safe when my engine shuts off as turn left on a major street. Now I have to just store the thing for now, might end up just having to scrap it for a few hundred dollars, after paying 6500$ for it 3 years ago (less than 120K currently on the odometer).

They haven't made them in 8 years so that would be a good idea. :P Seriously though, that sucks. Is it a G6? I have owned two Pontiacs in my life - a 97 Grand Prix SE and a 2005 G5 GT. Both treated me well but I also only had both for three years so not enough time for them to shit the bed.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
They haven't made them in 8 years so that would be a good idea. :P Seriously though, that sucks. Is it a G6? I have owned two Pontiacs in my life - a 97 Grand Prix SE and a 2005 G5 GT. Both treated me well but I also only had both for three years so not enough time for them to **** the bed.

Yeah a G6. Complete piece of crap. I didn't even know Pontiac went under haha, I am not a car guy, only thing I want to for my car to get me from A to B. I had a Chrylser Neon for over a decade. Thing had no power windows, no cruise control, no power locks, the dashboard was all rough from something before I bought it being spilled on it and left in the sun, the air conditioning was inconsistent and for some reason the only extras added when bought was 4 cd player and a dumb spoiler on the back but goddamn that thing always ran when I needed it to. I miss that car so much.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah a G6. Complete piece of crap. I didn't even know Pontiac went under haha, I am not a car guy, only thing I want to for my car to get me from A to B. I had a Chrylser Neon for over a decade. Thing had no power windows, no cruise control, no power locks, the dashboard was all rough from something before I bought it being spilled on it and left in the sun, the air conditioning was inconsistent and for some reason the only extras added when bought was 4 cd player and a dumb spoiler on the back but goddamn that thing always ran when I needed it to. I miss that car so much.
I had an 86 Oldsmobile back in the early 90s that was such a piece of crap that I swore I'd never buy another GM car in my life - and I recommend that strategy to everyone who's looking for a vehicle. I have absolutely no regrets about blacklisting the General. I've owned 3 Hondas, 3 Dodge/Chryslers, a Ford and a Hyundai since then and I don't think all of them combined add up to the trouble and expense I incurred with that Olds.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
My poochie Sadie is sick. My parents took her to the vet today even though her annual is tomorrow. She hadn't been eating and she's been coughing. She has lung cancer and her spine is all messed up.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My poochie Sadie is sick. My parents took her to the vet today even though her annual is tomorrow. She hadn't been eating and she's been coughing. She has lung cancer and her spine is all messed up.

Ah that really sucks I am sorry to hear that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Find yourself a civic or a corolla. Things run forever, repairs and maintenance uber cheap

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Parents put her down. She was such a good dog. We got her around 8 months old and she sticked to me like glue. She loved her balls and squirrels and ice cream cones.

That is so tough. My mother in law has the central gathering house for all the grandkids and she has the cutest little dog that has been though all the abuse of toddlers and young kids over the years and she just keeps being the best little dog. She is getting old now and my guess is some day soon I will have to put her down and it will be brutal. Now that is not even my dog so I can only imagine how tough this is on you LJ. Nice of your parents to put her down for you I am sure it would have been way too tough for you. Sorry for your loss.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
That is so tough. My mother in law has the central gathering house for all the grandkids and she has the cutest little dog that has been though all the abuse of toddlers and young kids over the years and she just keeps being the best little dog. She is getting old now and my guess is some day soon I will have to put her down and it will be brutal. Now that is not even my dog so I can only imagine how tough this is on you LJ. Nice of your parents to put her down for you I am sure it would have been way too tough for you. Sorry for your loss.

She lived with them. As much their dog as was mine

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Did the Edmonton to Winnipeg trip today with the new car. What a long drive with little to no signs on civilization between the two cities. Glad to be home for Game 2, watching the game with my dad is horrible (he's a Don Cherry fan says it all).

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Did the Edmonton to Winnipeg trip today with the new car. What a long drive with little to no signs on civilization between the two cities. Glad to be home for Game 2, watching the game with my dad is horrible (he's a Don Cherry fan says it all).

Yeah but you get to watch it with me. :laugh:
I don't think I'll be yelling as much as the Nashville series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad