OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Even google docs is not bad. I've been using it for my draft rankings. To bad we couldn't insert them into the forum somehow.

We're migrating / moving to Xenforo in the next couple of months, so there might be some better facilities for tabular data over there. Feel free to PM me suggestions regarding Xenforo plugins, and I'll forward them along to the Grand-Poohbah for consideration.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We're migrating / moving to Xenforo in the next couple of months, so there might be some better facilities for tabular data over there. Feel free to PM me suggestions regarding Xenforo plugins, and I'll forward them along to the Grand-Poohbah for consideration.

I really like Xenforo from what I've seen. Never used it though. Any idea on how the layout will look? I've grown to like HF's layout but wouldn't be opposed to something new as long as the functionality is maintained. I know some fantasy leagues use it for integration with teamspeak and discord, which is gnarly. And a few gamer groups use it for it's integration with the aforementioned apps but also allows login through Steam. It also has BB code markup for pretty much everything from Amazon ads to youtube, twitter, vimeo, and NHL.com highlights.

aaaand after a quick google search it looks like there is some supported plugins for adding google doc spreadsheets to Xenforo through BBcode markup.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bb-code-media-site-support-for-google-spreadsheets.659/

You're going to like the mod applications available I'd imagine. Some cool stuff. I'm excited to see what you guys can do with it.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh the NBA, Harden signs for 4 years at 228 million. 57 million a year, not too shabby. And they wonder why they're league has no parity. McDavid is probably thinking, how does this work?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@Daximus: yeah, ownership and the admins are pretty excited about moving to a more modern platform. We're looking at retaining as much of the look/feel as possible (not because it's "awesome", but because of familiarity, etc).

I'll mention the Google doc plugin. :nod: Oh, and PS: I'm going to move this to the OT thread, since we're ... well, OT. ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You still in Florida? Where summer is largely indiscernible from whatever else might occur.

Haha yessir. AND I'll have you know, there are FOUR seasons here:

HOT

REALLY ****ING HOT

ARE WE ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN?

Winter (1 day, usually in January where it's 14 degrees and everyone wears parkas)

:laugh:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
March 10, 2035 — Annular Solar Eclipse — Paraparaumu, New Zealand

Annular though - not quite as amazing as a full eclipse.

But with that said there's been a lot of eclipses in the south Pacific in the last 30 years or so. A lot more convenient from NZ than Canada!

m.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
At least you guys live on a piece of earth big enough to get an eclipse. Chance of anything passing over little ol NZ is very slim.

According to this map from NASA there are 3 total eclipses passing through New Zealand in a 10.5 year period: 2028 Jul 22, 2037 Jul 13, and 2038 Dec 26. Plus the annular eclipse in 2035 Mar 9.

SEatlas2021.GIF

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
McDonalds is advertising "$1 DRINK DAYS". Get any size soft drink for $1. So can anyone tell me why when I order my Egg McMuffin combo with a large Diet Coke instead of coffee they upcharge me $1.20??? I'm already paying for some king of beverage in the combo price.

So I get smart. The next time I pulled up to the window I order a large Diet Coke to start (it comes up on the screen as $1) then an Egg McMuffin then a hashbrown. Suddenly the screen changes to a combo with the $1.20 upcharge!!!!

THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
McDonalds is advertising "$1 DRINK DAYS". Get any size soft drink for $1. So can anyone tell me why when I order my Egg McMuffin combo with a large Diet Coke instead of coffee they upcharge me $1.20??? I'm already paying for some king of beverage in the combo price.

So I get smart. The next time I pulled up to the window I order a large Diet Coke to start (it comes up on the screen as $1) then an Egg McMuffin then a hashbrown. Suddenly the screen changes to a combo with the $1.20 upcharge!!!!

Ok monetary irregularies notwithstanding.....big picture......Diet Coke with an egg McMuffin as a combination is a bit unique Briscodog. Their point of sale probably hadn't been adjusted for the new discount in the bundling option and so you are messing with them a bit.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

$1.00 plus tax*

*Excludes any meals, pairings, other McCafé® beverages or any other offers.

http://www4.mcdonalds.ca/summerdrinkdays/

Down at the bottom

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Ok monetary irregularies notwithstanding.....big picture......Diet Coke with an egg McMuffin as a combination is a bit unique Briscodog. Their point of sale probably hadn't been adjusted for the new discount in the bundling option and so you are messing with them a bit.

I get fully leaded coke with it. Its just like cold coffee right?

Right?

In all seriousness though, i dont even remember the last time I got McDicks breakfast.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
$1.00 plus tax*

*Excludes any meals, pairings, other McCafé® beverages or any other offers.

http://www4.mcdonalds.ca/summerdrinkdays/

Down at the bottom

It's supposed to be a hassle-free throw-in offer to bring you inside the house to hopefully realize that you're actually kind of peckish for a legit meal's worth. The $1 drink is certainly not there so that you can max out your normal poison on min pay, and them have their cashiers spend all their day mathing it up.

I had a laugh though when my workmates made it a habit to go get 20 or so One Euro Cheeses from Hesburger when they had that promotion and bring the sack to work.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I get fully leaded coke with it. Its just like cold coffee right?

Right?

In all seriousness though, i dont even remember the last time I got McDicks breakfast.

I must have gone 10+ years without eating any McDonalds. Then we had kids.

Let's just say I'm now intimately familiar with the Secret Menu. The Poor Mans Big Mac is my go to.

m.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
The thing that really made me shake my head was the second time i went. I specifically asked for the Diet Coke first and it came up on the screen as $1. Then I added the hash brown and it came up separately. Then the Egg McMuffin. And bam, the price changes. I guess next time I'm gonna ask for two separate orders and see what happens.

I'm not normally a cheapo.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The thing that really made me shake my head was the second time i went. I specifically asked for the Diet Coke first and it came up on the screen as $1. Then I added the hash brown and it came up separately. Then the Egg McMuffin. And bam, the price changes. I guess next time I'm gonna ask for two separate orders and see what happens.

I get it. It's the principle. :laugh:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I don't get the whole thing about the secret McDonald's menu. There's the option on the registers to add or remove any ingredient from any item. It's no secret.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

That's where they are wrong btw. Their cash register apparently is programmed that way, but they have no business to automatically pool up stuff that you're specifically buying as individual items. Even if they claim to have some kind of Terms and Conditions that would claim that they can do that, you have not agreed to any of that nonsense by the act of walking in to an establishment, and you are within your rights to get the individual items on the announced list prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad