Winnipeg
New Avengers : Infinity War Trailer.

Just got my tickets!

tumblr_noff55NPkj1ttsme2o1_500.gif

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Lily Hockey Cup.JPG

Excellent we need to support our women's hockey...

My six and half year old granddaughter Lily wakes up on the weekend and watches replays of NHL games by herself...

Lily is a hockey nerd and during her game on Saturday she went into the corner and retrieved the puck and passed it right on the tape of her teammate in front of the net for an assist on that goal...:wg:

Last edited by a moderator:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
View attachment 105649

Excellent we need to support our women's hockey...

My six and half year old granddaughter Lily wakes up on the weekend and watches replays of NHL games by herself...

Lily is a hockey nerd and during her game on Saturday she went into the corner and retrieved the puck and passed it right on the tape of her teammate in front of the net for an assist on that goal...:wg:

My just turned 6 year old daughter tried Hockey this winter and if there is anything as cute as watching that I need to know. Love that they have good 5-6 year old programs for girls now in our area and she wants to try that out next season.

Congrats to the Bison Women and Tom (your epic OT call was not in vein)

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
On another note my boy is 9 and he is trying flag football this spring for the first time and had his first big orientation at the Soccer complex at the U of M.....hats off to Football Manitoba they did a great job selling the kids with that first event. Lots of fun and really well organized.

Reactions: kanadalainen

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This just in, the Jets are f***ing good when healthy.

Hopefully Trouba isn't too bad, almost guaranteed he has a concussion, hopefully it's not severe and he can get in a couple games before playoffs.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'd love if Jets fans started to do that.

I'd also love if the average Jets fan didn't bad mouth Atlanta as much, but that's never gonna happen...

Should we also yell out Brave during the anthem, cause that's an Atlanta team, too? Seriously, why would we do this? We aren't Atlanta, we have never had any connection to the Knights team. If Francis Scott Key had seen fit to use the word "thrash" in the anthem, I could maybe see a case for yelling that out, but even then I wouldn't do it because I'm just not a fan of continuing the association with a team when it was elsewhere. I'm a Winnipeg fan. Jets 1.0 and 2.0 have a place in my heart. I don't care what happened during The Atlanta Years. Sorry if that seems insensitive to the few Atlantans that still follow the team, but I have to say, I don't feel sorry for a city that still has NFL, NBA, MLB and MLS franchises to cheer for. They've got a lot more top tier sports entertainment options than we do. And our Tier 2 option is into its second quarter century of futility. Thank God for the Goldeyes. And the Bisons, of course. ;)

Reactions: ulf and blues10

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Should we also yell out Brave during the anthem, cause that's an Atlanta team, too? Seriously, why would we do this? We aren't Atlanta, we have never had any connection to the Knights team. If Francis Scott Key had seen fit to use the word "thrash" in the anthem, I could maybe see a case for yelling that out, but even then I wouldn't do it because I'm just not a fan of continuing the association with a team when it was elsewhere. I'm a Winnipeg fan. Jets 1.0 and 2.0 have a place in my heart. I don't care what happened during The Atlanta Years. Sorry if that seems insensitive to the few Atlantans that still follow the team, but I have to say, I don't feel sorry for a city that still has NFL, NBA, MLB and MLS franchises to cheer for. They've got a lot more top tier sports entertainment options than we do. And our Tier 2 option is into its second quarter century of futility. Thank God for the Goldeyes. And the Bisons, of course. ;)

I don't think it's a negative that jets fans don't yell it, I just think it would be cool...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I can all but hear Don Cherry in my head, beaming with appreciation for Lily diggin' around in the corner. Glad she's enjoying the game. Next generation's champions start from this generation's youth.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Stop the ride. I want to get off.

How Fast Are You Moving?

And this, boys and girls, is the reason a time machine would likely leave you gasping for air. That point you occupy in space now will probably be the vacuum of space at your moment of emergence from the time stream in the past or future. If you're lucky, you end up in the middle of a planet or a star and die instantly. You need a time-space machine. Please keep this in mind as you work on your basement time travel projects. And always, always conduct trial runs with Leafs fans. Just tell them you'll be sending them back to May 2 1967. They'll jump at their only chance of seeing their team win the Cup. :nod:

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad