OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
@jefferoni - you're correct. Sig's are a sponsor only perk. Completely forgot about that.

source.gif

:D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yep, definitely shaking the loose pennies out, as it's a whole $0.03 per day for a sponsorship to remove all ads from the site and speed up your browsing experience (they're not blocked - they're simply not served to you to speed things up), as well as all the other little perks. ;)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Yep, definitely shaking the loose pennies out, as it's a whole $0.03 per day for a sponsorship to remove all ads from the site and speed up your browsing experience (they're not blocked - they're simply not served to you to speed things up), as well as all the other little perks. ;)

Us retirees have to hang onto our pennies so we can afford to take the bus up to the grocery store and pick up some day old bread that's on sale. :D

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You know it!

Now THIS is how you make a comic book film. No taking stupid liberties or inventing "original" characters or messing up old ones or mismatching some new upstarts into the mix and morons taking their masks of all the time because you gotta show the actor's mug you're paying for.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dick was a legit legend. To me those guys like Dick or Canadian Don Wittman that could call any sport and make it exciting were a true gift.

RIP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched the 30 for 30 Ric Flair episode. They do a very good job with that show.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
No way!

Gonna wait until after Boxing Day to see it now. Roads and malls are chocka.

Finished watching all of Hinterland. Kinda wanna go to Wales now.

I had a cousin in town who I took to the Jets/Blues game and the next day he took me to see Star Wars the next evening in IMAX. Was happy to see it so nobody would spoil it for me.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Excited to hear what people thought of the new Star Wars movie. Watched it a couple of weeks ago and have been wanting to discuss with people :laugh:

In other news... Has anyone watched Norsemen on Netflix? It's Norwegian and really funny imo.
No Spoiler here.
Just saw the movie, while there was some cool and funny parts...I did not like the story line, or the pacing.
Star Wars is almost dead...just needs a mercy killing now.
Same complaint as the last movie as well...all the cannon from the novels...out the window.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The new Star Wars is f***ing amazing. I am a huge Star Wars fan and I think the new Star Wars is the best film ever in the series. Absolutely amazing. The most fun I've had at the theatres in a while.

I am someone who has read most of the old novels. Who cares that the new canon is is.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The new Star Wars is ****ing amazing. I am a huge Star Wars fan and I think the new Star Wars is the best film ever in the series. Absolutely amazing. The most fun I've had at the theatres in a while.

I am someone who has read most of the old novels. Who cares that the new canon is is.
I wish I came away from the theater as pumped as you sound. Instead I came away with questions about the pacing, time lines and storyline. Perhaps editing would help...I will have to re-watch it when it hits a streaming service.
I will leave it at that, but I am glad you enjoyed it.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wish I came away from the theater as pumped as you sound. Instead I came away with questions about the pacing, time lines and storyline. Perhaps editing would help...I will have to re-watch it when it hits a streaming service.
I will leave it at that, but I am glad you enjoyed it.

Zero idea how you had problems with pacing for this movie. It is not quickly packed in, nor does it drag. Everything fits in really well. Pacing seems to be one of those things where people complain about when they have nothing to complain about.

As for storyline, I really don't know what you are talking about. It is pretty logical in all aspects.

Timeline is where filmmaking makes a bit of a concession, much like Empire Strikes Back. The two major plot threads do seem to be a little bit different in terms of length, but that is a minor quibble and it only applies if you assume what you are seeing occurs at same time you are seeing it. The two major plot threads occur over same time frame, but not necessarily at same time you always see them. That's part of the artistic license you need to give the creators. If you want to go down that thread Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars film ever.

There are certainly a few plot holes (name me a movie in it's 9th movie that doesn't have at least a few), a few missteps in particular with the humour, but overall the pushback on this one is so overblown it's not even funny. It is a great MOVIE, nevermind a great Star Wars movie. Throughly enjoyable from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad