OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Disney purchase of Fox's movie assets is official. That means the Fantastic Four and the X-Men are gonna be in the MCU. Also means some major Marvel villains like Dr. Doom and Galactus will finally be done properly. Oh the possibilities. I'm assuming they are going to finish the current slate of X-Men movies and reboot the lot? Logan was a fantastic movie, Deadpool was fun but I haven't liked the general direction the X-Men movies have been going in (X-Men: Apocalypse was pretty terrible).

Been my personal nerd dream for the last 10 years to see all of the Marvel heroes under one banner and interacting on screen.

Reactions: Guardian17

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
All Disney has to do now is acquire the Walking Dead rights, and we'll have the greatest multiverse mish mash ever. X-Men! Avengers! Zombies! Oh hell, let's throw some vampires and werewolves in, too! Kate Beckinsale and Scarlett Johansson in the same movie? How bad could that be? :thumbu:

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Disney to produce R-Rated films like Deadpool.

We now have confirmation from the head of Disney himself, CEO Bob Iger, that Deadpool can remain R-rated at Disney. In fact, if Iger's comments are any indication, this acquisition and, more specifically, gaining Deadpool indicate a willingness by Disney to branch out into the R-rated film business.

Iger is completely behind embracing that mature nature of Deadpool and wants to allow the franchise to continue forward as initially planned. Deadpool and its sequels now have the support of Iger, and we can expect to see more R-rated content from our favorite Merc with a Mouth and one of our favorite comic book actors, Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool Will Remain R-Rated At Disney, Other R-Rated Movies Being Considered

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Disney to produce R-Rated films like Deadpool.

We now have confirmation from the head of Disney himself, CEO Bob Iger, that Deadpool can remain R-rated at Disney. In fact, if Iger's comments are any indication, this acquisition and, more specifically, gaining Deadpool indicate a willingness by Disney to branch out into the R-rated film business.

Iger is completely behind embracing that mature nature of Deadpool and wants to allow the franchise to continue forward as initially planned. Deadpool and its sequels now have the support of Iger, and we can expect to see more R-rated content from our favorite Merc with a Mouth and one of our favorite comic book actors, Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool Will Remain R-Rated At Disney, Other R-Rated Movies Being Considered

I don't see why they wouldn't keep Deadpool R-Rated, the Marvel Netflix shows are pretty close to R-Rated in language/tone/violence.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
All Disney has to do now is acquire the Walking Dead rights, and we'll have the greatest multiverse mish mash ever. X-Men! Avengers! Zombies! Oh hell, let's throw some vampires and werewolves in, too! Kate Beckinsale and Scarlett Johansson in the same movie? How bad could that be? :thumbu:

I know you are being sarcastic, but to be fair, combining the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers is NOT a mish-mash of universes, it's just how it should have always been. This is a result of Marvel selling the movie rights to however would by them in the 90s when they were hard up for cash, so a lot of the characters went to different film studios. In the comics, Wolverine was in fact an Avengers member for about 10 years, and Rogue and a few other X-Men are now Avengers members. The Walking Dead is an Image Comics property, so I doubt that has ever been or will be a goal of theirs. This is about bringing the Marvel characters back under one umbrella. Disney also acquired the rights to Aliens and Avatar but you won't be seeing any combinations of these properties. It's about as likely as seeing a Star Wars and Marvel movie (ie won't happen).

If you want Marvel and Zombies, I direct you to the "Marvel Zombies" comic books haha. The first few series were fun. It's a play on Marvel fans being called "Marvel Zombies"

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I know you are being sarcastic, but to be fair, combining the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers is NOT a mish-mash of universes, it's just how it should have always been. This is a result of Marvel selling the movie rights to however would by them in the 90s when they were hard up for cash, so a lot of the characters went to different film studios. In the comics, Wolverine was in fact an Avengers member for about 10 years, and Rogue and a few other X-Men are now Avengers members. The Walking Dead is an Image Comics property, so I doubt that has ever been or will be a goal of theirs. This is about bringing the Marvel characters back under one umbrella. Disney also acquired the rights to Aliens and Avatar but you won't be seeing any combinations of these properties. It's about as likely as seeing a Star Wars and Marvel movie (ie won't happen).

If you want Marvel and Zombies, I direct you to the "Marvel Zombies" comic books haha. The first few series were fun. It's a play on Marvel fans being called "Marvel Zombies"

Well, I don't read the comics, I have only the movies/TV shows to go on. Personally, I don't want an "everybody into the (dead)pool" approach. And if they ever pollute my Agents of SHIELD with those whiny CW types on The Gifted, I may undergo terrigenesis and...

giphy.gif

;)

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Excited to hear what people thought of the new Star Wars movie. Watched it a couple of weeks ago and have been wanting to discuss with people :laugh:

In other news... Has anyone watched Norsemen on Netflix? It's Norwegian and really funny imo.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Excited to hear what people thought of the new Star Wars movie. Watched it a couple of weeks ago and have been wanting to discuss with people :laugh:

In other news... Has anyone watched Norsemen on Netflix? It's Norwegian and really funny imo.

If you do discuss it, please use the [SPOILER] tags. :thumbu:

Reactions: DashingDane

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
MacDon Industry sold for 1.2 billion. A bit sad news to hear that a very successful company won’t be locally owned anymore.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor

Oh do I have some things to say about this movie, saw it last night and I have to say in a non-spoiler way that this isn't your typical Star Wars movie, it detaches itself from Star Wars normality yet keeps enough of the nostalgia that made you fall in love with the franchise in the first place.

This movie has some of the best SW action scenes I have seen since Empire, it for sure has the best writing and acting of all the films, simply put I loved it and it will make you pleasantly pee yourself, LUKE F'N SKYWALKER!

3nPZVkP.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Can't wait for Uber in Winnipeg.....the cab companies in this city need competition so badly. I am a frequent Uber user when I travel and its killing me to be subjected to this old world cab only life in Winnipeg. I booked a cab on line for tonight and have no faith it will show up. I would love to follow up on the phone to confirm but they have been busy for an hour. I get this is the busy season but it is just more proof of how badly we need Uber.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't wait for Uber in Winnipeg.....the cab companies in this city need competition so badly. I am a frequent Uber user when I travel and its killing me to be subjected to this old world cab only life in Winnipeg. I booked a cab on line for tonight and have no faith it will show up. I would love to follow up on the phone to confirm but they have been busy for an hour. I get this is the busy season but it is just more proof of how badly we need Uber.
Uber can't come soon enough.

Reactions: ps241

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Saw Episode 8 tonight - I highly recommend it for anyone who remotely enjoys Star Wars. The best one yet. Mark Hamill has come a long way since the late 70's! The acting was superb.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Alright, I can't figure this out. How the heck do I change my signature on this new site? Halp plz.

If you are referring to the text that appears under your avatar, that is called "custom title" the one that says "playoffs start now" for you.

Click on your avatar picture at the top right.
Click on " personal details "
Edit "custom title "

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
If you are referring to the text that appears under your avatar, that is called "custom title" the one that says "playoffs start now" for you.

Click on your avatar picture at the top right.
Click on " personal details "
Edit "custom title "

I believe this is what Turbofan wants to change. The signature is what gets added at the end of a message.

"We've got the realization that we lost something really, really meaningful—and that made bringing it back, protecting it, keeping it, that much more important." ~ Mark Chipman

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I believe this is what Turbofan wants to change. The signature is what gets added at the end of a message.

"We've got the realization that we lost something really, really meaningful—and that made bringing it back, protecting it, keeping it, that much more important." ~ Mark Chipman

If you click on your username in the upper right corner, you'll get a menu similar to this:

upload_2017-12-16_13-54-16.png

@Turbofan - I've highlighted the signature change option here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad