Recalled/Assigned: Jets loan Paul Postma to St. John's on conditioning assignment

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Of note, Paul Postma is still officially on the NHL roster. He takes up a spot (off IR), counts against the cap the whole nine yards while playing in AHL on this conditioning assignment. It is also temporary. I do believe 14 days is the max time.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Nice to see he's back playing. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off and not pick up from where he was at the beginning of the season.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I thought Ellerby played his best game as a Jet last night. He was very good and showed the promise that got him drafted in the 1st round. Pardy at this point is what he is, a 8/9 NHL defenceman. That being said a healthy Postma will be a nice thing to see after the Olympics.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Of note, Paul Postma is still officially on the NHL roster. He takes up a spot (off IR), counts against the cap the whole nine yards while playing in AHL on this conditioning assignment. It is also temporary. I do believe 14 days is the max time.
I think the only advantage of a conditioning assignment is not having to go through waivers to go to the AHL. Is that correct.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think the only advantage of a conditioning assignment is not having to go through waivers to go to the AHL. Is that correct.

No the only advantage is conditioning. He can't stay in the AHL without clearing waivers. It's just a short term option for getting someone rehab games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad