Recalled/Assigned: Jets have recalled Joel Armia from the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeh I think he starts on the 4th line to see if he plays with that aggression we need/want from him. And then agreed with what you say about playing better and earning more ice time.

I'd agree if the Jets didn't have Thorbs playing 3 LW, and that line was struggling to produce anything.

Still, I think there's very little chance that Armia plays anything other than a marginal 4th line role in the near term. He needs to show Maurice something in his limited minutes to move up.

The one positive is that Copp's game is starting to come around nicely. He is starting to create some opportunities with his speed and smart play with the puck.

Also, this (about Copp)

Andrew Copp, 5v5 CF%, 10 game moving average

View attachment 86571

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It's important for Armia to make an impression here. If he doesn't he could be trade bait come deadline time.

Agreed, to-date imo he has been very unimpressive. Looks like we got a dud from Sabres, but let's see if he can prove me wrong.

If he can't, ship him out with all the other dead wood in this organization

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sami Hoffren finnish sportreporter who is at the moment in toronto, reported this to ilta-sanomat magazine.
Little weird that nobody else haven't yet?

Not really, if his source is Armia himself. The Jets themselves will probably report it before practice this morning.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Hopefully Antti Raanta is in the goal, if Armia plays friday against rangers.
They played together in Ässät two years and are good friends.
Joel should know how to make goals against him:)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sami Hoffren finnish sportreporter who is at the moment in toronto, reported this to ilta-sanomat magazine.
Little weird that nobody else haven't yet?

It hasn't been officially released yet by the team

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia has already made an impression on Maurice, otherwise he wouldn't be recalled again. It's obvious that Mo liked what he saw during the three weeks. He has plan for Armia. Of course he has, Armia is one hell of a talent.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Here's hoping he takes this chance and never gives it back! If he wants to stay in the NHL play like you are on fire....
Hope thorbs drops to the 4th and armia gets some time on the 3rd line

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I'd agree if the Jets didn't have Thorbs playing 3 LW, and that line was struggling to produce anything.

Still, I think there's very little chance that Armia plays anything other than a marginal 4th line role in the near term. He needs to show Maurice something in his limited minutes to move up.

The one positive is that Copp's game is starting to come around nicely. He is starting to create some opportunities with his speed and smart play with the puck.

Also, this (about Copp)

Andrew Copp, 5v5 CF%, 10 game moving average

View attachment 86571

neither of those looks like a ten game average to me. the top one swings way too wildly to be a 10 game average. i think that's individual game corsi. The maximum change that a single game could make (if the base corsi is approximately 50%, which it basically is) is a 5% change, assuming a 100% corsi in the 10th game. at one point it looks like it moves by almost 9% there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad