Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Assuming we are playoff contenders at the trade deadline, how much do you think it would cost to get Thorton here for a 3C

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
If u want 4 solid lines:
Laine-Scheifele-Armia
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Petan-Dano
Perreault-Lowry-Copp

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Our Lines should be:
Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Conner - Little - Wheeler
Mp - Roslovic - Petan
Dano - Lowry - Armia

I mostly like that but Copp should be there somewhere. I'm not sure that Roslovic is ready yet but he is close. Put Copp in for Roslo for the time being. MP is out for a month. Have to recognize that reality.
Petan - Copp - Dano
Matthias - Lowry - Armia

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Our Lines should be:
Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Conner - Little - Wheeler
Mp - Roslovic - Petan
Dano - Lowry - Armia

Not bad, but Armia goes wasted at 4th. Haven't seen Roslovic play.
Probably bottom 6:
Perreault-Petan-Ehlers
Dano-Lowry-Copp

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Not bad, but Armia goes wasted at 4th. Haven't seen Roslovic play.
Probably bottom 6:
Perreault-Petan-Ehlers
Dano-Lowry-Copp
I wonder if we use the Moose #1 line for our 3rd line, then bump our 3rd to our 4th line and scrap our 4th line... would we then have a top 9 and a checking line
Would our 3rd line be Conner - Roslo - Lipon/Lemieux?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Apparently Sam Reinhart might be up for grabs. Trouba if it's clear he won't sign here for Reinhart+? Gives us 3 good centers and lines especially when Perreault is back. Leaves us a little wanting on the back end though.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Apparently Sam Reinhart might be up for grabs. Trouba if it's clear he won't sign here for Reinhart+? Gives us 3 good centers and lines especially when Perreault is back. Leaves us a little wanting on the back end though.

There's no way to know what he's likely to do until arbitration season plays out.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
There's no way to know what he's likely to do until arbitration season plays out.

I'm sure management has a very good idea about what he's going to do. If he doesn't want to be here and the opportunity to get quality back for him arises, take it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm sure management has a very good idea about what he's going to do. If he doesn't want to be here and the opportunity to get quality back for him arises, take it.

Chevy spoke very encouraging words about a potential Trouba extension in his preseason interviews. In fact he was the most positive I've ever heard him on that subject.

Reinhardt has been a disappointment no? Why do we want him?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Chevy spoke very encouraging words about a potential Trouba extension in his preseason interviews. In fact he was the most positive I've ever heard him on that subject.

Reinhardt has been a disappointment no? Why do we want him?

I don't really care what they say in interviews at this point. I find it hard to believe that Trouba demanded a trade and then suddenly changed his mind because...why? Because he's not playing on the left side anymore? Yeah no, I find it much more likely that they told him that his rights belong to them and that him signing is the only way to play in the NHL right now so put on a happy face and they'll do what they can but if it's between him sitting a season and them trading him for peanuts then he'll be sitting. This is not peanuts.

Sam Reinhart is pacing much better than Scheifele was at the same age. Not that I believe he'll be better than Scheifele, but he's a great 2 way center with good possession numbers on an awful possession team. He's disappointing in that he was a #2 pick that isn't lighting the league on fire, he's still a great hockey player.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I don't really care what they say in interviews at this point. I find it hard to believe that Trouba demanded a trade and then suddenly changed his mind because...why? Because he's not playing on the left side anymore? Yeah no, I find it much more likely that they told him that his rights belong to them and that him signing is the only way to play in the NHL right now so put on a happy face and they'll do what they can but if it's between him sitting a season and them trading him for peanuts then he'll be sitting. This is not peanuts.

Sam Reinhart is pacing much better than Scheifele was at the same age. Not that I believe he'll be better than Scheifele, but he's a great 2 way center with good possession numbers on an awful possession team. He's disappointing in that he was a #2 pick that isn't lighting the league on fire, he's still a great hockey player.

I haven't changed since this whole thing began

Prediction

1) Trouba will file for arbitration
2) Trouba will sign a long term contract with the Jets just prior to the hearing

I expect this to happen still

If he doesn't file for arbitration then things could get screwey

Trouba is not being traded this year. He has a bobble head night does he not?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I haven't changed since this whole thing began

Prediction

1) Trouba will file for arbitration
2) Trouba will sign a long term contract with the Jets just prior to the hearing

I expect this to happen still

If he doesn't file for arbitration then things could get screwey

Trouba is not being traded this year. He has a bobble head night does he not?

Time will tell I suppose. I hope you're right, Trouba is one of my favorites, but if Chevy knows that it's not going to happen I don't see a much better deal than this happening.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Time will tell I suppose. I hope you're right, Trouba is one of my favorites, but if Chevy knows that it's not going to happen I don't see a much better deal than this happening.

I think everything from Overhardt is just posturing. It won't be known until the offseason where it's heading. AFAIK the Trouba camp doesn't want to talk now

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Reinhart has been a little disappointing - for a #2 OA - but still very good. Still a better C prospect than Roslovic, given that he has played 174 NHL games and scored 92 points, 42 goals.

Sabres don't have a really good RHD or prospect they could add. I think it would leave us uncomfortably wanting on the right side, though Poolman helps. The add would have to be their '18 1st. We would have to hope they don't turn this season around and we get to draft one of the really good D men in this draft.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Here's a trade that seems doable (by the trade boards) and IMO would be well worth the risk. Hutchinson to VGK for Griffin Reinhart. Comes down to whether Reinhart might have an outside shot at being serviceable some day is worth paying .8 for the next two years vs the value of dumping Hutch's salary.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Here's a trade that seems doable (by the trade boards) and IMO would be well worth the risk. Hutchinson to VGK for Griffin Reinhart. Comes down to whether Reinhart might have an outside shot at being serviceable some day is worth paying .8 for the next two years vs the value of dumping Hutch's salary.

Why would Vegas do this? They'd want a draft pick or prospect in any trade one would think

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Why would Vegas do this? They'd want a draft pick or prospect in any trade one would think
They need a goalie with NHL experience right now. be happy to give them a 6th or 7th rounder if Reinhart had any chance of being serviceable down the road (and as a 4th overall pick, you would think he might have a better chance of making it than Stanley)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
They need a goalie with NHL experience right now. be happy to give them a 6th or 7th rounder if Reinhart had any chance of being serviceable down the road (and as a 4th overall pick, you would think he might have a better chance of making it than Stanley)

They do? They seem to be doing just fine. Don't they have a boatload of goalies in the minors? I don't think they need another one

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Reinhart is bad and VGK don't need a goalie.

Subban is doing fine but they need a backup.
Reinhart is bad. Looking at D+1 & 2 he's below Stanley.

I think getting anything for Hutch right now would be a bonus but not G. Reinhart. How about a 5th?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If u want 4 solid lines:
Laine-Scheifele-Armia
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Petan-Dano
Perreault-Lowry-Copp
This would be a good way to turn Ehlers into a 35-40 point guy. Why don't we leave him with one of Scheifele or Little and watch him take a run at 80 points. 4 balanced lines is great in theory, the problem is people way over rate our bottom 6 players. There is more then a couple of them that are still no more than 4th line/AHL tweeners.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Reinhart lacks the speed and quickness I'd like to see.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

I don't see the point in trading our young 1D for what would be a 3C. Maybe if he had a future 1D in the system but Niku is more like a top 4 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad