Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Do you think Petan and Enstrom would get us juolovi from the Canucks .

They get a d they need to protect but a forward they don't plus it puts another Swedish player in their lineup.

Petan has no value. And the other part is like us trading morrissey for gudas

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Updated some numbers. Then I combined (averaged) player depth positions based on performance of DTM's WAR model and Dom's Game Score model.

Gives a good shot of where the Jets do well/poorly and need help:
C45oysXVcAA2eCF.jpg

While we're at it, can we chill out with the 'hurr durr Chevy loves Lowry so they'll probably protect that oversized plug lol' narrative.

He's outplaying a great deal of the forward corps this year. And, yes, he is big.

I would try to trade with Colorado. We are a cheap/austere team, so this fits the mold.

I would trade Lemieux to Colorado, he won't be a minor league star for us, and with the wingers we have he is going to have to fight for playing time. Throw in Hutch.

In return we get Pickard and Wiercoch. Wiercoch is the kind of defenseman we need. Reliable, good on the PK.

We can protect Pickard in the expansion draft, by offering one Perreault, Dano, or Myers. What we build is a goaltending duo for years to come.

I would trade Stafford sooner than later, or at least sit him until we do, so he is doesn't get injured for the 3rd or 4th we fetch.

Defense becomes

Wiercoch-Buff
Morrissey-Trouba
Stuart-Postma

Enstrom takes Stuart's spot when healthy. Poolman is signed to compete with Postma. Myers, probably sits unless we are in contention down the stretch.

Forwards

Perreault-Scheif-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
Tanev (for PK)-Copp-Dano

Though I would like to see Maurice play Lowry with Scheif and Laine sometime, he would change the dynamic of that line with a physical forecheck and net presence.

Move Copp to 3C, and Perreault down to 4. Different look.

Petan stays with the team. Can fill in a lot of holes. Watching a game or two might help him see things better

I would keep Thorburn here,unless he wants a chance to win elsewhere, in which case i'd give Lipon a chance.

No one will be protecting Pickard in the expansion draft. :laugh:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wonder if Connor could be traded for juolovi or sergachev?

Odds of prying hanafin from Carolina?

Bergevin just said Sergachev is untouchable on sportsnet just now. Probably take a massive overpayment to get him.
Not sure Juolevi is the right target for us yet. I'd like to see him make any impact at a higher level before acquiring him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
While we're at it, can we chill out with the 'hurr durr Chevy loves Lowry so they'll probably protect that oversized plug lol' narrative.

He's outplaying a great deal of the forward corps this year. And, yes, he is big.
...snip...

Lowry is having another terrific season, after a slump in his sophomore season. He's shown that he can play with enough pace to be a good bottom-6 forward with a substantial physical presence. Given the make-up of the Jets' roster, his performance, and his leadership qualities, there is no way that the Jets will expose him in the expansion draft. He's the kind of player they are going to need for tough playoff series.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Earlier today Maurice said they would have no changes to the lineup but now Stafford is a no go. Trade?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bergevin just said Sergachev is untouchable on sportsnet just now. Probably take a massive overpayment to get him.
Not sure Juolevi is the right target for us yet. I'd like to see him make any impact at a higher level before acquiring him.

I agree but I imagine Van would say the same about Connor, although Connor has played a year of pro and really excelled in his D+1 year. Somethings that can't be said about Juolevi.

If I'm sending them Connor for Juolevi I want a substantial add. I doubt they do that. That's why it is tough getting good value for prospects.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wonder if Connor could be traded for juolovi or sergachev?

Odds of prying hanafin from Carolina?

I also like Slavin and Pesce on Carolina.

Blockbuster (assuming Trouba won't sign long-term):

To Carolina: Trouba and Perreault

To Winnipeg: Slavin and Aho

Neither Slavin nor Aho need to be protected in the expansion draft.

Jets protect:

Forwards
Scheifele
Little
Wheeler
Lowry
Dano
Armia
Copp

Defense
Buff
Enstrom
Myers

Trade Connor in a package for a good young RHD who can play top-4.

2017/18 Roster:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Aho-Little-Wheeler
Dano-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Petan-Roslovic

Slavin-Buff
Morrissey-xRD
Enstrom-Myers

Postma
Poolman
Chiarot

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Earlier today Maurice said they would have no changes to the lineup but now Stafford is a no go. Trade?

Hope he's traded. I'd accept a 10th round pick at this point. Addition by subtraction, in his case. He struggled with injuries, but looked to me like he was mailing it in this season too often.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'm not so sure there is a much of a market for Stafford.

If we were heading to the playoffs, would we want to trade for him? Even as a depth bottom 6 guy?

Edit: if we can get a mid to late pick for him, go for it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

If we were heading to the playoffs, would we want to trade for him? Even as a depth bottom 6 guy?

I'll take a 7th. I'll take a decent AHL defenseman who will help the Moose.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Would? No clue...

Should? If a team is doing well in shot metrics and poor in finishing, Stafford could help a bottom-six.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What we give up for Stempniak or Tlusty (honestly can't remember). Probably be about similar value.

He's on about a 25 pt pace for a full season. Down quite a bit from last season so, disappointing. But not so bad as to have no value. Stempniak was having a similar season when we got him. We paid Carl Klingberg for him. Tlusty was doing a little better to that point and cost us a 5th and a 3rd. Stempniak was much the better player the rest of the way but who knew that would happen?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Vern Fiddler who has 1 goal and 3 points so far this season got a 4th back. There will be a market for Stafford if he's healthy at the deadline. We should be able to get something for him.

Just hope that the reason he was out today is some minor illness. Hopefully he's back in tomorrow

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Stempniak was straight up for Carl Klingberg.

Tlusty was the 15' 5th (#138-Spencer Smallman) and the '16 3rd (#67-Matt Filipe).

Great site: http://www.prosportstransactions.com

Ah thanks!

Ya probably somewhere in the middle but slightly closer to Stempniak value than Tlusty.

He's on about a 25 pt pace for a full season. Down quite a bit from last season so, disappointing. But not so bad as to have no value. Stempniak was having a similar season when we got him. We paid Carl Klingberg for him. Tlusty was doing a little better to that point and cost us a 5th and a 3rd. Stempniak was much the better player the rest of the way but who knew that would happen?

Ya but his TOI and 5v4 TOI is way down and most GMs (not all) will get that.

To your last question: *guy-who-wrote-the-Jets-should-sign-Stempniak-as-bottom-six-depth-in-the-summer-before-the-Jets-traded-for-Stempniak raises his hand.*

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I also like Slavin and Pesce on Carolina.

Blockbuster (assuming Trouba won't sign long-term):

To Carolina: Trouba and Perreault

To Winnipeg: Slavin and Aho

Neither Slavin nor Aho need to be protected in the expansion draft.

Jets protect:

Forwards
Scheifele
Little
Wheeler
Lowry
Dano
Armia
Copp

Defense
Buff
Enstrom
Myers

Trade Connor in a package for a good young RHD who can play top-4.

2017/18 Roster:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Aho-Little-Wheeler
Dano-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Petan-Roslovic

Slavin-Buff
Morrissey-xRD
Enstrom-Myers

Postma
Poolman
Chiarot

The 1st trade looks interesting.
Trouba > Slavin (maybe should be 1 or 2 more >, not sure?)
Aho > Perreault (maybe should be 1 or 2 more >, not sure?)
Similar uncertainty on both. Age certainly flatters Aho so the value might be good.

From Canes fan posts, they want offense in exchange for their D so Trouba + MP may not be the right package to get their interest.

With Connor as the main piece I think you have to settle for a prospect, not an NHL ready player. But Myers can play 2RD (we hope) and we have both Postma (if signed) and Poolman (we hope) on the right side.

With Trouba gone we are betting on that trade and/or Myers health but it looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad