Confirmed with Link: Jets claim Santorelli from waivers

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Are you guys STILL *****ing about this pickup? Santorelli is a filler for Antropov who is injured. Would you rather have Cormier & Wellwood on the second line???

Here's tonight's lineup. I am actually quite excited to see what these lines can do!!!

Ladd-Little-BUFF
Kane-Santorelli-Wheeler
Tangradi-Jokinen-Miettinen
Thorburn-Gagnon-Burmistrov
Not in lineup-Wellwood (Healthy Scratch), James Wright took full practice this morning.

Keep in mind we are still missing Wright, once he is back Mittens goes to the 4th line and Gagnon is scratched. The team looks better once again.

Its sad, but I like this line up better then any we have had this year. I really think Miettinen is trash and should be Europe next year, Burmi should be where he and if we are looking at waiver wire pick ups for freaking scoring, why the hell are we not bringing up dell from rock?

Funny thing is we will prob win with this line up, Buff will be mad, Noel will find some stupid excuse to put Wellwood back in the line up and on the power play and we will tank.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
In Santorelli's pre-game interview, he says he's playing with Burmistrov and Tangradi and Noel said he'll be playing the right side.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
In Santorelli's pre-game interview, he says he's playing with Burmistrov and Tangradi and Noel said he'll be playing the right side.

Out of position and on the 4th line where he should see about 2min of ice time, yup he got Noel'd.

Seriously WTF?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ahh, why do we list him as a center?

Who does? Doesn't matter really, designations on websites and such don't really mean a lot, 90% of them have them wrong. Some people still list Mike Cammalleri as a centre, he hasn't played there since college in 2002. Santorelli is better suited as a winger since he is not that strong in the corners and very poor defensively.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Who does? Doesn't matter really, designations on websites and such don't really mean a lot, 90% of them have them wrong. Some people still list Mike Cammalleri as a centre, he hasn't played there since college in 2002. Santorelli is better suited as a winger since he is not that strong in the corners and very poor defensively.

Say what now? One of the best FO guys in the league since late February.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope everyone *****ing about this pick up watched the game tonight.
Santorelli was one of the few bright spots.

It's so annoying how many people here right off players or Chevy without having any idea what type of player we acquired.

Could it be a one time thing, and he's actually crap? Absolutely.
But it looks like a good addition to me.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Santy hasn't done anything to hurt himself as a result of his play this game. Not bad. Lets see if he can do it again.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
yup santorelli wasn't bad this game.

also, tangradi's looked much better over his last few games

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
tangradi looked as good as he has since we got him. santorelli wasn't bad either. amazing what burmi can bring to a line not named thorburn/cormier :)

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
our waiver wire players always look great first few outings....then he will get 2 points in 18 games.

maybe we should just get new waiver guys every 4 or 5 games.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
our waiver wire players always look great first few outings....then he will get 2 points in 18 games.

maybe we should just get new waiver guys every 4 or 5 games.

It's not always about points. James Wright has been great for the Jets.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
It's not always about points. James Wright has been great for the Jets.

i agree....

but because we have two full lines of guys who score every 15 games its more difficult to accept that he cant score.....would be nice if some of the waiver guys had at least some offence ability.

but i agree....Wright has been a good addition.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I liked what I saw from Santorelli, I think if he continues to play like that, he'll pick up some points.Tangradi has looked really good... its amazing what some guys will do when they actually get more than 6 minutes I'm a game

Duir

I agree Santorelli looked good. Especially considering the fact he has no real history with his line mates. Tangradi has been really dominant and I think the idea of him Santi, and Burmi together is a smart one. They were easily the best line last night. FWIW Gagnon looked pretty good too [MOD]. There is nothing about his game that screams terrible player.

Last edited by a moderator:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree Santorelli looked good. Especially considering the fact he has no real history with his line mates. Tangradi has been really dominant and I think the idea of him Santi, and Burmi together is a smart one. They were easily the best line last night. FWIW Gagnon looked pretty good too [MOD]. There is nothing about his game that screams terrible player.

I'm not a Gagnon hater, but he was terrible last year. I defended him and that thought he had a decent night, but some of the hate is justified. Last year he was a train wreck and DID take time from other prospect which could have used the time with the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duir

Hey might of been last year but obviously has improved and did not look out of place at the NHL level. Players improve, guys like Burrows and Nolan (Jordan) show that all the time.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey might of been last year but obviously has improved and did not look out of place at the NHL level. Players improve, guys like Burrows and Nolan (Jordan) show that all the time.

I don't disagree.
But you have to earn the benefit of the doubt.
Perhaps moving forward (assuming he has more than one good game) people won't jump on him so quickly.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

He's 27 years old and went like 30 straight AHL games without a point. Young players develop, as I have been a proponant of many many times...career minor leagues in their late 20's don't. He is a brutal hockey player. Guess I was the only one who saw he completely blow an assignment on the very first shift nearly resulting in a goal? He is small, not fast, not great hands, poor defensively, doesn't win board battles...what exactly makes him anywhere close to an NHLer?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's 27 years old and went like 30 straight AHL games without a point. Young players develop, as I have been a proponant of many many times...career minor leagues in their late 20's don't. He is a brutal hockey player. Guess I was the only one who saw he completely blow an assignment on the very first shift nearly resulting in a goal? He is small, not fast, not great hands, poor defensively, doesn't win board battles...what exactly makes him anywhere close to an NHLer?

The one where he lost track of Halpern? That was brutal. And before people come to his defense and say all the Jets have done that at some point, while true, with the minutes and role Gagnon is playing it's pretty glaring. Taking Ladd offside in the 3rd period was another facepalm moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad