Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Montreal - November 11

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Dustin ''Big Buff'' Byfuglien told before the game that he's in the wrong locker room, crosses the hall into the MTL room to join his new team.

Would love for it to happen!! (Byfuglien not in playoffs is sad...he was made for the playoffs...hopefully the Jets make the playoffs...rooting for the Jets and Oilers after our Habs).

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Prepare to watch a vastly different Jets team than the one you are used to seeing in the past; they are huge (much bigger than the Habs), young, fast, they check like demons, don't give up many quality scoring chances, and they are coming into the game as the hotter team over the past 10 games.

http://www.mirtle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/2014-15-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20142015&sort=lastTenRecord&type=LEA

Good luck!
Um, Jets have always been huge, young, fast. We still whooped their *****.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Um, Jets have always been huge, young, fast. We still whooped their *****.

OK, but that was before Paul Maurice taught them how to play to win and was way before former WHL Player of the Year Big Adam Lowry began patrolling the middle for Winnipeg. Your guys might want to keep their heads up tomorrow, just sayin...

:naughty:

He crushes the opposition on a nightly basis and doesn't play favorites.

hkn_penguins_jets_20141106_35042473.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
OK, but that was before Paul Maurice taught them how to play to win and was way before former WHL Player of the Year Big Adam Lowry began patrolling the middle for Winnipeg. Your guys might want to keep their heads up tomorrow, just sayin...

hkn_penguins_jets_20141106_35042473.jpg

"Oh Emelin come he air boy" :laugh::laugh:

Friz Freleng

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

The Jets are much more impressive this year, I totally agree. How's Trouba looking? I heard he's been very solid on the top pairing, but his point production seems drastically reduced. What is the reason for that?

Last edited:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
The Jets are much more impressive this year, I totally agree. How's Trouba looking? I heard he's been very solid on the top pairing, but his point production seems drastically reduced. What is the reason for that?

Trouba has been good on most nights but is dragged down by his partner - Stuart. Jets fans are looking forward to next year when Josh Morrissey will hopefully fill that role and Stuart can drop down to a lower pairing. Trouba's production is off a bit as they are breaking the puck out a bit differently this year and aren't as reliant upon Trouba as such; the forwards support the puck carrier much better now. He has been pushing the puck forward more of late as he gets used to the new systems they are running; his production will pick back up.

Cheers.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Trouba has been good on most nights but is dragged down by his partner - Stuart. Jets fans are looking forward to next year when Josh Morrissey will hopefully fill that role and Stuart can drop down to a lower pairing. Trouba's production is off a bit as they are breaking the puck out a bit differently this year and aren't as reliant upon Trouba as such; the forwards support the puck carrier much better now. He has been pushing the puck forward more of late as he gets used to the new systems they are running; his production will pick back up.

Cheers.

Thanks for your input! I guess Paul Maurice has made some good changes to the Jets. I'm excited for your team. My keeper league features Ehlers, Morrisey, Trouba and Byfuglien so I'm obviously interested in the team. I would just love a Morrissey-Trouba pairing. Hoping Trouba can get more implicated on the offense though.

Congrats on your great start. Here's to a good game tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad