Recalled/Assigned: Jets Assign Hutch To The Moose (recalled Mar 8)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Get rid of Mason and just keep Hutch.

We have 8.2 million reasons to get rid of Mason.

What are those reasons exactly? One way contracts are still paid in full regardless of league

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Tough go this year for Mason--mostly injuries-wise--but I take him over Hutchinson nine times out of ten.

Reactions: thereturn

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I'd like to see Hutch re-signed. Maybe Mason could be traded to the Sabres for Moulson & a draft pick.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hutch is gone. I don't believe he wants to be back and I doubt the org is willing to give him another chance anyhow.

The question is whether we want Mason back next season at his hit. Goalies are voodoo so on one hand bringing him back as insurance might prove to be good if Helle falters. On the flip side we could really use that space to retain a more important piece. Who else is available on the market that would be a cheap backup option? Provided we can find a taker for Mason.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So Hutch didn't have to pass threw waivers ?

He made the cut by one day. He spent 29 days on the Jets roster. Waiting another day and he would have to re-clear waivers. I doubt he gets the call again if there's an injury until the season ends

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Michael Hutchinson got his chance with the Winnipeg Jets and didn't prove to be reliable. I recognized he was better than Ondrej Pavelec, and am sad that he was really bad last year. It forced the hand on Cheveldayoff to sign Mason and now we have Mason for 2 years. No big deal right now, as he will be an expensive backup. Hellebuyck could have regressed and Mason could have bounced back and we wouldn't even have this discussion. I cannot see Buffalo wanting Steve Mason. Their team is in total rebuild and Steve Mason won't improve anything. I guess if Winnipeg were to retain some of his salary him playing close to home would be good for him. Matt Moulson also has a modified NTC.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Can Hutch play in the AHL playoffs since he wasn't on their roster on trade deadline day?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Can Hutch play in the AHL playoffs since he wasn't on their roster on trade deadline day?

He actually was as was Roslovic....paper send downs. Both are eligible for the AHL playoffs

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Never mind. It appears they sent down Roslo/Hutch and then called right back up.

Edit: answered by others before I figured it out for myself. :)

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I think Hutchinson would have been released at the end of 2016 were it not for the need to have a body available for the expansion draft. I don't think he factors into the future at all for the Jets.

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
He made the cut by one day. He spent 29 days on the Jets roster. Waiting another day and he would have to re-clear waivers. I doubt he gets the call again if there's an injury until the season ends
Thanks for the info.

themoreyouknow.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad