Prospect Info: Jets agree to terms with Luke Green (3 yr entry)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced they have agreed to terms with defenceman Luke Green on a three-year, entry-level contract with an average annual value of $846,700.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Should be good for his rehab and take away the incentive to return too early

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not a surprise to me. Hoping for a quick and full recovery. He can now recover without being stressed out about a contract

Reactions: Georgetown Al

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Agree with the sentiments here - good timing for a Green who was probably pretty stressed about the injury. He's worth an ELC, so I like the signing.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
His skating ability is elite...... and that is the way the N.H.L. game is going.
He can contribute right now at his skill level at the A.H.L. level. This E.L.C. gives the Jets 3 years (starting in the 2018/19 season) of Green to mature into a man sized body to go along with his skill level.

I have criticized the Jets in the past,for not be pro active and signing some E.L.C s earlier. Why wait to the last minute to sign no brainer E.L.C.s .

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
His skating ability is elite...... and that is the way the N.H.L. game is going.
He can contribute right now at his skill level at the A.H.L. level. This E.L.C. gives the Jets 3 years (starting in the 2018/19 season) of Green to mature into a man sized body to go along with his skill level.

I have criticized the Jets in the past,for not be pro active and signing some E.L.C s earlier. Why wait to the last minute to sign no brainer E.L.C.s .

Forward skating elite
Backward skating rather ordinary

From my viewing at TC last year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
11 gp this season. What's the deal with that?

It took him a while to get into the lineup and has been out with a concusion since Decemeber. Last I heard he is skating again so shouldn't be too long now before he gets back in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->