Rumor: Jesse Wants Out 4: Get Out of the Pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Good. Hopefully he can fix his game up at home so the Oilers can get something decent for him in a year.

I'm also glad he's not on the team this year, he sucks

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Those Yak's can actually accomplish something positive and provide you with a lot of fertilizer as a by product.

I wonder if Pulju's would do?

41025465cc7e7e92459d91de40d9ea48736942a0_full.jpg

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
What would a great year in Finland look like and how would that impress any NHL GM enough to offer anything close to a first round pick for him? We’re not even talking about the KHL here, which hasn’t really proven to mean anything as far as NHL standards goes, we’re talking about a lower caliber league than that. I don’t see how Puljijarvi going back to Finland helps him in any way. He has trouble playing a North American game and for him to learn how to play one, he needs to be in North America. Right now the only team over here interested in him is the Oilers. If his goal is to play in the NHL then any year spent over there is a wasted year in his career.

My prediction is if he doesn’t come back here then he’s never going to be a full time NHL player.
You could be right about Puljujarvi when it comes to the general point, but I would argue that most teams in Liiga would match up against KHL teams without being that much of an underdog. Jokerit transitioned quite easily from Liiga to the KHL some years ago and were successful right away. Right now Karpat is one of the best teams in Liiga, they had most points in the regular season last year.

Sick as I am about this whole story I do wish him all the best, and for Edm sake that he raises his value so that we can get something decent back for him.

Reactions: Ippenator

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Jokerit transitioned quite easily from Liiga to the KHL some years ago and were successful right away.

When Jokerit made that transition, they got funded 13 million per year from the new Russian owners. They used to have about 4 million player budget in Liiga, so that Russian money affects quite a bit to successfulness of the transition.

However I agree that Liiga is a good underrated hockey league and if Pulju manages to get 40 points or more his NHL value goes up. I just don't think he will be scoring leaders in Liiga.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaGu

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Good riddance.
This team needs less divas that don't want to work hard.

Like someone said, the fact he got outplayed by some AHL scrubs....

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If he does choose to stay in Finland, getting big minutes and playing on the powerplay, it should be really great for him. But he's going to have to show that he's a superstar in that league. If not this decision is going to backfire in a big way for him.

If no trade can be made by the start of next season I wonder if the year away from the NHL will humble him and give the Oilers another go. I say this because Jesse's value to the Oilers is greatest if he plays here. Face it, he's got next to no trade value.
Him playing in Finland isn't going to do a lot. He needs to be in the KHL.

Maybe a couple teams will have interest in him, but him being a top 5 player in the Finish Elite league or whatever they call it isn't going to drive up his value in a trade.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
When Jokerit made that transition, they got funded 13 million per year from the new Russian owners. They used to have about 4 million player budget in Liiga, so that Russian money affects quite a bit to successfulness of the transition.

However I agree that Liiga is a good underrated hockey league and if Pulju manages to get 40 points or more his NHL value goes up. I just don't think he will be scoring leaders in Liiga.
That is very possible.

Even though I didn't know the numbers I know there is more money in the KHL. Still though I think most Liiga, SHL and NLA teams have a good chance when playing against KHL opposition.

undertow

Sep 26, 2007
he couldnt handle the very little pressure he had to deal with here. now he has to try prove he is nhl material, again. but this time against adults, instead of kids the same age or younger and smaller. and he has to be the best on that team and league. his nhl career is over imo.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
he couldnt handle the very little pressure he had to deal with here. now he has to try prove he is nhl material, again. but this time against adults, instead of kids the same age or younger and smaller. and he has to be the best on that team and league. his nhl career is over imo.
He played almost two full seasons against adults before being drafted.

undertow

Sep 26, 2007
He played almost two full seasons against adults before being drafted.

his high draft position was do to his dominating at the world stage if i remember right. but yeah, i forgot he never jr here.

but i still say he is done in nhl unless the expansion saves him from europe

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I dunno. Lots of players have put up their points here and got nice paydays while not giving 110%. Need to be confident and talented though. Hope Pulju gets his confidence back and matures a bit in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad