Jesse Puljujarvi Points in D+2 Year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Depends on who he plays with, but I'd say at the very least, 40 points

I would say at the least this is a good number. If he is playing a regular shift without PP time I would say a 20-20 year is extremely good 5 v 5. If he gets to play with Draisaitl and or Mcdavid, and on the PP those numbers can even be higher. It depends on how McClellan uses him and if his 1 year of NA pro adjustment as benefits most Finnish players is enough for him to show he is vastly more ready this year I guess.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure he'll be a full-time NHLer this year playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd unit PP minutes so I'd guess 30-40 pts for him. I'm being conservative here with my prediction, too. If things click for him and he gets to play with Connor or Leon for an extended period of time it could be in the 50 point range.

He'll most likely play along side Jokinen and probably RNH or Strome.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Gonna take the 30 or less option given I don't think he'll get the full season at the NHL level. If I knew he was definitely going to play 70 plus games 35- 40 would seem reasonable.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im going to say they send him down for more time in the AHL. Call-up at some point. So less than 30.

It's better for Pulju to play 1st line minutes and put up good points/be a leader on his team than play bottom 6 in the NHL, if you want him to be a scorer in the future. He was never that in Finland, playing 15min/night as a secondary scorer on one of the deepest teams in the league. He needs to take a bigger role before the jump in the NHL in my opinion.

But obviously pre-season could change my view of things.

Last edited:

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
More relevant question: How many games he will be playing in NHL next season?

Pulju is a project, he is nowhere near as wellrounded as Laine, Rantanen or Aho. He is like a junior player in a mens league. A LOT of work needs to be done, and frankly, I'm quite concerned on what I saw in the World Champs last may. Stone hands, non-existent finishing ability, lack of balance+overall strenght in skating, questionable hockey IQ still.. I still like his passing ability and general pascaldupuis-esque effort level+speed, but thats it.

He needs time, lets be patient.

djames

Nov 23, 2016
Probably somewhere between 30-40 if he sticks and depending who he plays with

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
65GP 15G-15A would be an excellent year...I can't wait to see how the impact of Jokinen has on Jesse

teaching him how to be a pro and learning the language

Excellent point. Jokinen signing could turn out to be a very beneficial one. I am playing a hunch here that many other recent Finnish players have followed. After an initial adjustment period in NA, much improved production will follow. It's going to be interesting to see just how Edmonton deploys their lines this year. If Jesse makes the team it will be in the top 9. Meaning he is playing with one of McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, or Strome. If I am a big skilled winger I like that.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd resist the temptation and stick him in the AHL until he legit dominates (i.e.~ppg).

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Simple question. How many points are you expecting Jesse Puljujarvi to get this season in the NHL in his 19 year old D+2 year?

There isn't a poll answer for <30 to >60 cause it can be any of those depending on
1) Does he makes the opening day roster which is not a given it depends if the oilers think he is ready to be a top 6 NHL player and if not is it better for his development to play a bottom 6 role in the NHL or a top line role in the AHL
2) Does Draisatl get transitioned to center which opens up a RW slot in the top 6
3) Which line he plays RW on (1st with McDavid centering its 60 pts plus, 2nd with Draisatl centering its probably 50 points plus, 2nd or 3rd with RNH centering its 40 pts plus if its 2nd line and 30 pts plus if its 3rd line, 3rd or 4th with Letesku centering its probably >30 pts

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
ask in a month! No idea what we have in this kid.

Doubt anyone including Oilers organization or Puljujarvi himself really know either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->