Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi: The Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Exactly.

- BPA varies by who you ask... after the obvious Dahlin type prospects.
- BPA is sometimes not so clear cut and postilion of need should be considered. It's exactly what the Habs did with our 3rd pick. Most people pre-draft had Zadina at 3rd.

Well again, and while it might have paid the hell off, we don't know that. They still could have come to the conclusion that Zadina, Tkachuk, Hughes would become a better player....but that Kotkaniemi for our lack of C's would become a more IMPORTANT player based on needs. And again, in that case, I have no problem with that. We had no choice.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He made a 90 foot cross ice pass to Jonathan Drouin on the fly that just skipped over the Leafs Dman's blade and landed flush on Drouin's without him missing a stride (actually, it seemed Drouin slowed down because he didn't think the pass would get through, but it did)

I had to stop and rewind that like 10 times

The first time I saw him was in Helsinki against IFK. In one play during the 3rd period he gained the zone, button-hooked, and then hit a streaking team mate with a no look cross seam pass right on the tape. It didn't result in a goal, or a shot on net, and thus it didn't make the highlight reel.

But that shit was amazing. It was maybe his 10th or so game in Liiga.

Reactions: 417

Jul 6, 2016
in a perfect world, MB would had traded Galchy for Arizona's 1st pick (5th overall), and draft two of Tkaczuk, Hughes, Zadina or Kotkaniemi with the 3rd and 5th overall.

If the aborted trade with LA for Patches involved their 1st pick too, Habs could had gotten another pretty good youngster.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The first time I saw him was in Helsinki against IFK. In one play during the 3rd period he gained the zone, button-hooked, and then hit a streaking team mate with a no look cross seam pass right on the tape. It didn't result in a goal, or a shot on net, and thus it didn't make the highlight reel.

But that **** was amazing. It was maybe his 10th or so game in Liiga.
Not comparing them as players or saying he'll have the same career.

But his playmaking/anticipation reminds me a lot of Joe Thornton

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
in a perfect world, MB would had traded Galchy for Arizona's 1st pick (5th overall), and draft two of Tkaczuk, Hughes, Zadina or Kotkaniemi with the 3rd and 5th overall.

If the aborted trade with LA for Patches involved their 1st pick too, Habs could had gotten another pretty good youngster.
we couldn't trade Chucky for the 5th overall pick because we botched Chucky's development and usage here so bad that he didn't have the value to get that type of pick.

Would have liked to gotten another 1st in this past draft, but I'm happy with getting Suzuki in the Patches deal and what we ended up with at this point.

Jul 6, 2016
we couldn't trade Chucky for the 5th overall pick because we botched Chucky's development and usage here so bad that he didn't have the value to get that type of pick.

Would have liked to gotten another 1st in this past draft, but I'm happy with getting Suzuki in the Patches deal and what we ended up with at this point.

He botched it himself quite a bit, too.

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad