Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Because he was. CJ sheltered him big time during his first season.

Looks like he has gassed for the third year in a row. At some point the guy has to step and take a regular spot. IMO, if next year no significant improvement than move him, project failed

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Looks like he has gassed for the third year in a row. At some point the guy has to step and take a regular spot. IMO, if no significant improvement than move him.

I will excuse him one more time (the last).... He has been injured many, many times for such a young man, and his physical condition is far from being top-notch. Maybe when he will be 23-24, he will reach his cruising speed. I am more worried about his mental health. Will he crack like Drouin in MTL ?

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
He's been moved to the wing, had a rotating cast of linemates, seen PP time go to Staal that should've gone to him... it's dumb.

Nobody here is saying he'd be a point per game player if we'd given him ice and great linemates but it would've helped.

What we consistently do for our younger players is make it harder for them rather than easier. All this does is increase the chances of failure. We have got to be the worst development team in the league.

Give the guy every chance. Let him show what he can do. If he fails, it's a different story. But when you do shit like this it just throws into question how much of it is the player and how much is the coaching. This is the same kind of shit we've seen in the past and I can't believe we still haven't learned any lessons.

He was playing well at center before Staal. They brought the guy in, put him at center in KK's place and moved KK to wing. On top of that, they removed Evans from the lineup. Staal has been consistently atrocious but he's still playing as if he's contributing positively. How can anyone defend that?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Probably shouldn't use these stats for one game.
I agree. Just making the point.
Also:

xGF% Rel:

Staal: 80.28
KK: -38.62
Sure. But we can still see where the play is with KK vs Staal most of the time.

And if we expand it further, KK beats the everliving shit out of Staal.
But as I posted earlier, I think KK is playing scared to make a mistake. Which seems to happen to every young player who plays with the Habs.
He played two minutes in the first. Of course he's scared to make a mistake. That's exactly the point I was making earlier.

You can't put on blinders and say he's had a bad shift so I'll bench him. You have to think about the overall and the impact that you have a on player when you pull stuff like that. It's not going to improve his performance.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Are you having difficulty following the discussion, which was about whether it was just one mistake that landed him on the bench?
... I see we’ve gone full circle.
Let me bottom line this for you.

Playing him two or three minutes in the first is stupid. Playing him nine minutes last night is stupid.

Hope that clears things up.

lol... yeah, when you gotta break ou the advanced stats to asses 9 minutes of play :facepalm:
Not what I'd normally do. But you're claiming Staal was better...

He wasn't.

There's no way to justify what we're doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad