Confirmed with Link: Jesper Lindgren signs with HPK in Liiga (Post #57)

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Jake's replacement is in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap:

A slick skater moving forward, and adequate in his lateral movement, there are a number of people who feel Lindgren does much like Erik Karlsson did at that age. The two share oddly similar styles and look on the ice.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jesper-lindgren/#OVCAmpardVo2IyIW.99\\

Whut whut!!!!

Yeah I remember the first scout reports talking about him as potentially a new Erik Karlsson. Obviously way to early to call back then and so today. He didn't make the WJC roster this year. I wonder why...

Harold Ballard

Klutchperi Kapanen
Jan 27, 2017
Draft picks have signed ATOs then not been signed to ELCs. However chances are that the Leafs bothering to fly him over in the Spring at the age of 19 means they like him. A lot.

He's the youngest drafted defenseman to come over from Europe since....

<drum roll>

Tomas Kaberle.

He should be ok because Cam Janssen doesn't play in the league anymore.....but apparently he has Sesito working for him...

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Signed a 2-year contract in Finland.

Should have a bigger role in a better league. Excited to see how he does.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Let me find the link.

nice don't worry im sure its 2019. He is really our only RHD prospect in our system him and Mattinen (who doesn't seem to be much) are the only 2 unless Holl is counted as a prospect

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah I remember the first scout reports talking about him as potentially a new Erik Karlsson. Obviously way to early to call back then and so today. He didn't make the WJC roster this year. I wonder why...

I was pretty shocked he didn't make that roster and I believe it was a mistake. Especially since they didn't bring a single RHD to the tournament. I like this player a lot, he just needs to put on weight and he will be much more effective at higher levels.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good for him. Continue to develop for the time being. Hopefully by the time that deal is up he's willing to come over and we'll have a talented young D to add to the group.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Seems like the right choice for him. Have to say that I'm not very happy with his progression so far.

He was MODO's top defenceman in a professional league at age 19.

It's not his fault his club team got relegated to Allsvenskan.

That's very good.

If you're not very happy with his progress, you have no idea what he's doing.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Marlies sign draft pick Jesper Lindgren to an ATO

After a successful run in the junior championship to cap off a tough year for MODO, Jesper Lendgren is getting some Toronto time.

by KatyaKnappe Apr 11, 2017, 12:45pm EDT

The AHL transactions page today lists Jesper Lindgren as signed to an ATO by the Marlies.

Lindgren a 2015 fourth round pick of the Leafs has just finished his season in Sweden on a high note. After putting in a very good personal performance on his struggling MODO team, he helped their J20 team win a championship.

Now he’s getting another chance at playoff time in Toronto. He knows at least one person on the Marlies, Dmytro Timashov was in the MODO organization as a junior before he came to Canada.

Lindgren is a right-shooting defender, is listed at 6’ and 161 lbs and has played top pair most of the year. He was just not quite good enough to make the Swedish WJC team, but he is not far from that level.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Marlies sign draft pick Jesper Lindgren to an ATO

After a successful run in the junior championship to cap off a tough year for MODO, Jesper Lendgren is getting some Toronto time.

by KatyaKnappe Apr 11, 2017, 12:45pm EDT

So did he get any playing time with the Marlies? I'm not sure I understand the point of this post,

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He was MODO's top defenceman in a professional league at age 19.

It's not his fault his club team got relegated to Allsvenskan.

That's very good.

If you're not very happy with his progress, you have no idea what he's doing.

Yup. Can't be difference of opinion, it have to be that.

Typical of this place. Instead of asking why I have that particular opinion, you go for my credibility.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Yup. Can't be difference of opinion, it have to be that.

Typical of this place. Instead of asking why I have that particular opinion, you go for my credibility.

Having a difference of opinion is fine but there are people that are of the opinion that the earth is flat. All facts indicate it is not but they must be right because it's their opinion.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Having a difference of opinion is fine but there are people that are of the opinion that the earth is flat. All facts indicate it is not but they must be right because it's their opinion.

Kind of the way you told Nith his opinion was flat out wrong.

You do realize players can progress, plateau or even regress as they develop right?

Can't say I've ever seen Lindgren play, not sure if you have either, but him playing for Modo in the SHL at 19 really guarantees nothing.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007

To be fair, Nithoniniel's country is Sweden at least thats what it says on his profile. So maybe he knows more about the players there than we do.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
So did he get any playing time with the Marlies? I'm not sure I understand the point of this post,

Sorry forgot to put the link in... It appears he didn't, however, he was evidently signed Apr 11 2017.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/t...ies-sign-draft-pick-jesper-lindgren-to-an-ato

It will be very interesting to see if he gets in game action, and persists through to get some playoff time. But no matter what happens, welcome to Toronto, Jesper!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=187806

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Long-term prospect. Just turned 20. Two more years in Finland make sense if the playing time is there. Future on the Marlies blueline was a long shot anyways with Borgman and Rosen in the fold now.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

I agree with Nith on this, so make that at least two flat-earthers here. :)

He's on a pretty normal trajectory for a 4th round pick, which is to say a non-NHL one.

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Long-term prospect. Just turned 20. Two more years in Finland make sense if the playing time is there. Future on the Marlies blueline was a long shot anyways with Borgman and Rosen in the fold now.

I'm with you here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad