Confirmed with Link: Jesper Lindgren signs with HPK in Liiga (Post #57)

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Does that mean he's playing this year?

If it does, is it because Marlies in need of D or because Leafs may call up one of the Marlies?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Nice!!!
Really excited to see how he does.

While i haven't seen much of him till now, he's the one D-Prospect outside the Marlies that has always piqued my interest the most.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Seems like the kind of guy Mark Hunter would like. Good skater, solid offensive skills, and good compete level.
He is a d man to keep an eye on. Helps he is also a RHD.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
How does his ability compare to Timothy Liljegren?

Similar but obviously Liljegren is more high end.
They kind of share the same strengths and weaknesses, all though Liljegren has some injury concerns.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Probably not even close?

Lindgren is probably more like a Marc-Andre Bergeron in terms of style.

Wasn't the issue with MA Bergeron his foot speed? From what I had read Lindgren is a bit more fleet of foot right?

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Does that mean he's playing this year?

If it does, is it because Marlies in need of D or because Leafs may call up one of the Marlies?

Leafs are at 50 pro contracts so they can't sign him to an ELC and play him this year.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
A Marlies depth signing as well a logical progression in Lindgren's career?

Zaitsev, Polak question marks right now. Campbell, Valiev, Olesky on the Leaf d-man depth call-ups assuming Dermott is injured?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Probably not even close?

Lindgren is probably more like a Marc-Andre Bergeron in terms of style.

Most people compare him to Vatanen. I'd say that's a fair estimate of his upside.

He's not a liability in his own zone, so no worries about that.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Slightly surprising.

The arm-chair scouting report isn't very impressive, and they didn't need to sign him for a year or two yet.

Hopefully we get a chance to see him with the Marlies this year.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I have been looking forward to actually seeing Jesper since he was drafted....seems like a very intriguing prospect. I got the sense that he hadn't really developed as rapidly as the Leafs hoped, but, again, I haven't seen him play at all.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Slightly surprising.

The arm-chair scouting report isn't very impressive, and they didn't need to sign him for a year or two yet.

Hopefully we get a chance to see him with the Marlies this year.

The armchair scouting is a bit more impressive then I would have hoped for. He had 24 points in 50 games this season, that puts him 7th among D-man for points. And he has yet to turn 20 so pretty good imo. Not to compare or anything but just to give a point of reference, Oliver Ekman Larsson had 27 points in 42 in his draft +1 year in the same league. That was good enough for 9th among D-man in points.

I have not seen him play but I think he got an awesome scouting report on Eliteprospects. Perhaps one of the best I have read, so he got a lot to live up to ;)
But if that write up is correct I can not wait until he matured enough so that Babs can start working with him.

Jesper Lindgren, an impressive blend of skill, speed, determination, and intelligence, is the one player you don't want to see carrying the puck if you are his adversary. The nimble puck-carrying defenseman plays above his age, and is confident enough in his abilites to make creative plays under pressure. He is poised with the puck and possesses a high level of hockey sense; he is always aware of what is unfolding in the play, and never seems to make irrational decisions or bend under adversity. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in spirit and cunning. However, he doesn't shy away from puck battles, and will use his body to barge his way in and swoop out with the puck. All-in-all, a talented offensive blueliner who plays an adaptive, new-age style of hockey.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=187806#sthash.O6n8XyKf.dpuf

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Excited to see him in NA. Got some great upside hopefully.

Anyone know if he's gained weight? I remember he was like 6'1 150 in his draft year or something. (Just curious, obviously don't think it's mandatory)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad