Injury Report: Jesper Fast out 2-3 weeks

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Funny you mention that. I wore my Fast #19 with the 90th Anniversary Patch the other day (I got an authentic in August when the NHL Store had the clearance sale).

I went with Buch, but looking back I wish I bought a Fast as well. Though to be fair, I didn't completely fall in love with his game until this season.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
AV should just put Zooks in Fast's place with Hayes and Grabner. Zooks should not play with Nash unless there are no other options.
KZB
Nash-DD-JT
Grabs-Hayes-Zooks
Vesey-Boo-Carey

Reactions: Hellion

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
AV should just put Zooks in Fast's place with Hayes and Grabner. Zooks should not play with Nash unless there are no other options.
KZB
Nash-DD-JT
Grabs-Hayes-Zooks
Vesey-Boo-Carey

KZB
Nash-Miller-Zooks
Grabs-Hayes-Carey
Vesey-Skrudland-Keane

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AV's lines are always so brutal.

Why are we moving Miller off center and to the fourth line? I knew he'd move someone because we lost and thats when he makes his changes, someone he dislikes will get scapegoated, but thats the change he makes? Baffling.

Desharnais can not play center. Why AV insists on putting him in a position to fail, I don't know. He's a good 3rd line winger, but lets rotate him between 1C, 2C and 4C.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I thought I saw Jesper really speed last a defender at one point last night.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jesper has cooled off a bit since his 4 in 6 spurt, but hurts much more than what we DON'T count on him for. Hurts more on what we do........yeah silly stuff like winning every board battle,great backchecking great PK play and all around heads up play. We were 1-3 starting the season without him......right?

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
AV's lines are always so brutal.

Why are we moving Miller off center and to the fourth line? I knew he'd move someone because we lost and thats when he makes his changes, someone he dislikes will get scapegoated, but thats the change he makes? Baffling.

Desharnais can not play center. Why AV insists on putting him in a position to fail, I don't know. He's a good 3rd line winger, but lets rotate him between 1C, 2C and 4C.

Miller sucks at wing and Desharnais sucks at center so that's where AV plays them. Least surprising thing ever.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We roll four lines, all shifts matter the same.

Nieves and Carey average 10 minutes per game. Desharnais and Vesey are over thirteen because they get PP time. They better give Miller extra shifts because while we do utilize our fourth line a good bit, it absolutely is not used as much as the other three. All shifts matter the same but the players getting those shifts aren't interchangeable. Miller should be getting substantially more shifts than Nieves and Carey.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A song says alot more about the significance of his injury to the team. I almost see Fast as more important to this team right now than either Nash or McD. One of the best bottom 6 players in the league. And considering how small the difference is between top 6 and bottom 6 in the game today, that's pretty significant.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hopefully Fast and others here on HF will have a merry xmas - enjoy food & drinks! :)
Happy holidays!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->