Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Laine

Votes: 64 62.1%

• Total voters

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Bratt can play on pp and pk

Laine can play on pp

Laine has size, shot, draft pedigree and a new contract.... every thing else about a hockey player I pick Bratt.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hmmm...this is a tricky one. Initial impulse was "Bratt, definitely". But i think i'm probably letting some turmoil with Laine overly influence what he can be when he's dialed in.

Laine definitely has the advantage as a pure goal-scorer. But i think there's a tradeoff in that with Bratt being the better playmaker, while still being no slouch as a goal-scorer himself. I kind of like the upside of Bratt in that regard, as more capable of driving the bus for himself and others, where Laine can drive things for himself and he can put away goals that don't require an absolutely top-knotch setup man, but it's not like he's incapable of making a nice play either. Laine's size is also an advantage. Makes him hard to stop when he's determined. But therein lies the tipping point for me i think. Laine's motor has, and probably always will run a bit hot and cold. Bratt on the other hand, always seems to play with a lot of pace and energy...and i like that. I think you have a more firm idea of the sort of consistency you're gonna get from him.

But i can definitely see the other side of this.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Bratt is a winning player but Laine is the more skilled. Usually you still take the skill because coaches will think they can "unlock" the player's best. Laine has started to become a bit more responsible in his own end as well.

I still have a feeling Laine is a late bloomer and is going to take another level this year so I voted him, but no complaints with people who want Bratt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00