Olympics: Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Canada typically has released their jerseys for the olympics just prior to the World Juniors, cause usually that's the first tournament they're used.

Not sure if that's typical of the other countries, too, though. :dunno:

bWo*

Im interested in getting a Team Russia jersey, any news about them?

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
the Nike US jersey will be unveiled in late August apparently

the Nike USA jersey will look like this, Just like every year.

images

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
It will be interesting to see if the Canadian juniors use the current jersey one last time at the WJC, or if they use the Olympic jersey, which of course is not allowed to have the Hockey Canada logo. I suppose they could also use a version of the new sweater with the HC logo. Either way, hopefully they re-introduce black into them. The current set is simply dull and boring. I'm thinking they'll all get released late summer/fall so that buzz and sales can build for the Christmas season.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
The U.S. roster is to be unveiled tomorrow.

The jersey is being unveiled, but I don't think they are pairing down the 40 invitees to the 22-25(can't remember how many they actually bring over) who will actually be on the roster. Don't they do that much closer to when the games start?

premadonna

Oct 5, 2012
The jersey is being unveiled, but I don't think they are pairing down the 40 invitees to the 22-25(can't remember how many they actually bring over) who will actually be on the roster. Don't they do that much closer to when the games start?

Yeah, last time they announced the final roster in early January.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

That "white" uniform has an awful lot of red in it. How will uniforms be handled when Russia plays the red and white sweater teams like Canada or the Swiss? I wouldn't think Canada could wear red or white against that sweater.

I would love to see Canada wear a truly unique "change strip" as they would call it in football. Go with a blue, or yellow uniform to truly clash with that (quite nice looking) Russia sweater.

I think Canada should wear their 1972 jersey's since they will be playing Russia for GOLD. :nod:

Sorry USA, Sweden and others out there! :naughty:

Now that I see the 72 jersey with the new Russia one, I wonder if there wasn't a little inspiration for the half white/half red design.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
That's the first thing that came to me too. Especially with Tretiak dropping the puck in that photo!

Besides, wouldn't it makes sense, since this is the first time since '72 that we are back there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad