Jersey Unveil at Wynn on June 20th

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Its interesting how many expansion teams botch their initial jersey design. Almost like you want to have something to look back at and laugh. Hopefully they look to change in a couple years.

These teams did a great job in their initial expansion jerseys:

Ottawa
Carolina
Nashville
Anaheim (except needed to straighten out the goofy angled bottom stripe)
San Jose (hockey jersey design perfection, and they have proceeded to destroy it ever since)
Tampa Bay
Florida

I think more have started out good-to-great rather than the other way around.

LV obviously starts out in the botched category.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
These teams did a great job in their initial expansion jerseys:

Ottawa
Carolina
Nashville
Anaheim (except needed to straighten out the goofy angled bottom stripe)
San Jose (hockey jersey design perfection, and they have proceeded to destroy it ever since)
Tampa Bay
Florida

I think more have started out good-to-great rather than the other way around.

LV obviously starts out in the botched category.

Anaheim's uniforms looked like crap, never liked them. They're ok now but man they were all over the map on unis for years.

I'll grudgingly agree that San Jose got them right. The rest were more solid than anything else, and Vegas is right there I think with them. But oh what they could have been had they simply used gold letters and numbers on those home sweaters.

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
After my last post above I figured I'd look some of them up to remind myself what they looked like (was thinking I had liked the Lightning jerseys) and holy crap how bad has my memory become!? Check out these beauties looool:

thumb.aspx

399818.jpg

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
After my last post above I figured I'd look some of them up to remind myself what they looked like (was thinking I had liked the Lightning jerseys) and holy crap how bad has my memory become!? Check out these beauties looool:

thumb.aspx

399818.jpg

That Ducks' jersey was a huge success in Europe though... It seemed one in 5 kids where I grew up in Sweden had it or a bad replica!

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Anybody seen the away jersey lettering color?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The original story was that they threw the white ones on because there was some issue with adidas using gold on their gloves. However, I've heard a few stories of Foley saying he liked them because they looked more like West Point uniforms. Perhaps it was a fill in that's become permanent.

Who knows what's really going on? I fully expect them to play with white gloves at this point, though.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The white gloves look like marshmallows! :laugh:

White-Gloves.jpg

You know, on a stick, how it looks after you've removed the first layer of fire-burnt marshmallow! (But the gloves look like someone then urinated on them.)

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Memories of the California Golden Seals! :cry:

Yes! Go for it! :)

I get the "homage" to West Point in the VGK home uniforms, and it certainly does fit. But I'm just not a fan of so much drab gray.

Now the white road uniforms are exceptionally sharp.

It would have been SO easy for them to choose black as the home uniform color, so I'm glad they decided to go for something different in order to stand out.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

It would have been SO easy for them to choose black as the home uniform color, so I'm glad they decided to go for something different in order to stand out.

When you see the West Point uniforms, you can kind of see it come together.

If they're really keeping it up, hopefully they'll switch to a black helmet.

a-group-of-west-point-cadets-assemble-prior-to-the-start-of-the-veterans-f6t0k6.jpg

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
too little too late. :shakehead

Different colored gloves and helmets aren't gonna save this design disaster.

It's pretty bad. Don't want to sound as black & white, but the more I see it, the more I dislike it. Too many colors, IMO. Plus the sleeves look like the East German Flag.

They nailed the crest with the helmet/V. After that, they really botched it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad