Jersey types in Pick-up games

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wear a full Washington Home Ovechkin kit with silver visor. I don't understand why I get two-handed slashes across my head all the time, though. Maybe I should go back to my Crosby 69 or my "SK8RBOI" kit. :dunce:

The people who wear the tinted visor IMO look much worse then the people just wearing a NHL jersey.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
i just throw on the most beatup jersey i own...and make sure its big so u look faster :)

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
One reason we dont see many Full NHL replica and authentics could be the cost. My Authentic Sabres Hasek ran 350.ooUS so its quite a bit of coin to be wearing for pick up. Full kit replicas run almost 200...uncrested are around 75.ooUS here in the buffalo area

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Actually, lemieux is who I meant...somehow i thought jagr instead....

ANYWAY....I'm only a beginner...an average player. Had no idea '9' was associated with a bit of status....oops...

Proby24

Jul 15, 2003
I wear a game worn Nordiques practice jersey from the early 90s. Picked it up off the Bay for 60 bucks... I get a lot of compliments (I guess because it fits into the 'retro' fashion)

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Honestly, any number you wear is going to be safe. IF you came across 1 in 10,000 who would have any issue with a specific number I would be surprised. I wouldnt be one bit concerned about what number you choose to wear.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
yeah, i mean they are numbers. if anyone cares that much about the number you wear its their problem. i wore 9 through highschool in roller hockey, no one really cared i dont think. as long as you dont act like a tool i wouldnt worry.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I just wanted to get some opinions here on a topic that we've been discussing recently. Whenever I go to local pick-up games, the majority of the players, young and old, wear either basic one-color "practice' jerseys, or some form of local rec-league or school jersey. It seems like people are careful not to wear NHL or minor league jerseys.
I see a lot of guys wearing minor league (or more often, rec league jerseys from their team) jerseys around here, but not many NHL ones. I wore a Blues jersey for a while when I started ice hockey, and never got razzed for it.

Any opinions?
Wear it and play your game. The good/smart players will figure out you're wearing it because you like the Rangers, not because you think you're the next Leetch or Jagr. The stupid players you shouldn't care about anyway. ;)

Skroob*

I was there 2 years ago, the only thing I could find were Sparta Praha soccer jerseys though. Damnit.

the one place where i found it, was, IIRC, to the east of the main square by a few blocks. It wasn't so much a store, but the place where you go to buy tickets to all the sporting events in the city. they had a jersey in the window, and i asked if they sell them there, and she said yes, they have a few to sell, so thats where i got mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad