Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Figured with the rumors about a new third jersey I'd do a power rankings of the Islanders jerseys since I don't think it's been done before, officially anyway. Each week I'll take the winning jersey off the list and we'll do another poll until there are none left. I grouped some of the jerseys together if there isn't a distinct difference between them, such as the dynasty era ones and the current set. The naming is done as best as I could without actually looking up manufacturers and nicknames for them.

Here's a great link to all of the jerseys the team has head throughout the franchise's history: New York Islanders - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

Reactions: SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I was never a fan of the orange numbers but a lot of people seemed to like them.

I really enjoyed them when they did the throwback night at the Coliseum at the final regular season game there. Didn't think I'd like them so much.

Reactions: SI90

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015
Going off of the link in the OP, I'd go with '84-'95 jerseys. Not the biggest fan of the ones they wear now. The stripes too thick, but they're still classic though. I prefer the jersey to have no lace-up collar, have even striping on the blue jersey (white stripe on top of orange) and the single color lettering. Was hoping the team/Adidas would have gone to these for the redesign.

Donnico1

Jul 23, 2006
The dynasty era uniforms are not the same at the modern uniforms. The blue jersey has a different stripe pattern.

I prefer the dynasty era blues to all others.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I really like the white numbers, no name. Just always appreciated how clean no-name uniforms look- Yankees, Red Sox, Notre Dame football.

I also enjoy all hockey jerseys with the shoe string in the collar, because of the uniqueness.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
The dynasty and current sweaters are pretty different. I'd go with the dynasty sweater if it were an option. I really abhor the Reebok form-fitting sweaters with the scalloped tail in general.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The dynasty and current sweaters are pretty different. I'd go with the dynasty sweater if it were an option. I really abhor the Reebok form-fitting sweaters with the scalloped tail in general.

I'll pull the current set out from the dynasty era. I did the poll at work and did a quick look. I'm pretty sure all the votes were for the dynasty era and not the current set and I allow people to change their vote anyway.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I went classic, but I actually liked the black with new NY logo for a change up. And I usually hate black uniforms.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I was hoping that this was to rate the states, and where we see NJ fitting in. Far more interesting..

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
No surprise that the dynasty era is running away with this. I voted the white number, no name jerseys, but I will also say I have a soft spot for the stadium series jerseys.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
A minor point, but I don’t like the lace up front collar.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Whomever voted for the fisherman needs to resign board membership immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad