OT: Jersey Ranking Poll #8

What is the best Islanders Jersey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The winner of round 7 was the 1977-78 - Single Stripe Blues!

220px-Bert_Marshall.png

So what is the eighth best jersey the team has ever had?

Here's a great link to all of the jerseys the team has head throughout the franchise's history: New York Islanders - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm expecting the '72-73 jersey to run away with this one, but I also thought it would've already been selected so maybe not.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
72-73, hands down. Stadium series from the year we played the Rangers are a distant 2nd. Too close an association with Tavares on that one.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I'm expecting the '72-73 jersey to run away with this one, but I also thought it would've already been selected so maybe not.
For me, the Orange number version was easily the least attractive of the classic jersey styles. It just looks... off. They made a version of it in '08 as a 3rd, which then also had the name on the back:
_blake.jpg

By contrast, I much preferred the white numbered NNOB version and voted for it from the start of these polls.

Anyway, went Brooklyn here because I may be one of the few who actually like it.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For me, the Orange number version was easily the least attractive of the classic jersey styles. It just looks... off. They made a version of it in '08 as a 3rd, which then also had the name on the back:
_blake.jpg

By contrast, I much preferred the white numbered NNOB version and voted for it from the start of these polls.

Anyway, went Brooklyn here because I may be one of the few who actually like it.
I like it without the name, but with the name it was too cluttered.

I also like the Brooklyn jersey and have voted for it in each poll for a while. We'll see how this one goes then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad