OT: Jersey Ranking Poll #5

What is the best Islanders Jersey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
After a brief delay due to my own personal lack of time and the free agency nonsense, I'm back with more polls to keep everyone excited and get through the summer (errr...or maybe not :laugh:)!

The winner of round 4 was the 1973-77 jersey with white numbers and no names:

cut.jpg

So what is the fifth best jersey the team has ever had?

Here's a great link to all of the jerseys the team has head throughout the franchise's history: New York Islanders - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

Last edited:

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
At this point my only rooting interest is that black death has to be last.

I also feel strongly that the navy Richard Park era jerseys are second to last. But that could also just be connected to how bleak that era was.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Absolutely loved the “orange number” royal jerseys when we first broke the them out as throwbacks a decade or so ago (first sign the franchise was amenable to bringing back the classic royal blue- which was a big deal to many of us). A shame the numbers are so hard to read for announcers though...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
At this point my only rooting interest is that black death has to be last.

I also feel strongly that the navy Richard Park era jerseys are second to last. But that could also just be connected to how bleak that era was.

I think that's the worst jersey ever made in the NHL.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I liked the Stadium Series jerseys. Could have had a few tweaks to the numbers and the blocks on the sleeves but those colors were great.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I think that's the worst jersey ever made in the NHL.

In pro sports. Ever. I mean that without hyperbole, I think that's a fair appraisal. It's not just that it was an utter design failure--it also wasn't even trying to do anything coherent. Even the laziest efforts (what if we took the Islanders jerseys but made them orange?) usually have something going on. If a 6 year old had produced the prototype for that in MS Paint it wouldn't have even seemed satisfactory.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Big fan of the fisherman with the original islander logo. I have a navy one signed by Palffy and Chara.

Loved the lighthouse side patches, and the trippy name and numbers on the back.

I’d be pumped if they brought that back honestly

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
In pro sports. Ever. I mean that without hyperbole, I think that's a fair appraisal. It's not just that it was an utter design failure--it also wasn't even trying to do anything coherent. Even the laziest efforts (what if we took the Islanders jerseys but made them orange?) usually have something going on. If a 6 year old had produced the prototype for that in MS Paint it wouldn't have even seemed satisfactory.
It's definitely up there. I'd have to think about whether there is a worse here in sports though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad