Jersey naming question

Ajax02

Sauce.
Jun 29, 2006
Las Vegas
On the real NHL Pro jersey's are the names individually lettered or is it a namebar that is sewn on? More specifically how is it done on the Canucks Vintage?

because i wanna add a name to my jersey but i'm not sure which way is right.. thanks

Opeth11

Feb 28, 2007
Richmond, BC
I always thought that they sew the letters onto a nameplate and then ironed the plate onto the jersey. I don't have a jersey handy with me right now, so I can't check.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
I always thought that they sew the letters onto a nameplate and then ironed the plate onto the jersey. I don't have a jersey handy with me right now, so I can't check.

From the hockey jerseys that I have, the nameplate is sewn on to the jersey.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Snepsts1c.jpg

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
It depends on the NHL team and their jersey specs. Not every team uses nameplates - the majority of them are sewn directly onto the jersey. Look at pictures of the team in question and you'll get your answer.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
It depends on the NHL team and their jersey specs. Not every team uses nameplates - the majority of them are sewn directly onto the jersey. Look at pictures of the team in question and you'll get your answer.

Yeah, I believe the Wings don't use a nameplate...

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
I just made a Lidstrom jersey myself (I have experience doing jerseys) that I have to take in to get sewn, then signed by him. I heatpressed the letters I bought from Stahl's.

Neither do the Rangers. I don't think Montreal does either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad