Jersey Name/Number Question.

HockeyFan79

Jul 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hi. I just want to know how hard it is to switch a name and number on an NHL jersey. I've never done it before but heard some people do that. Also, whats the best way to do it? I don't want to ruin the jersey so any help in changing the name and number is appreciated.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
Hi. I just want to know how hard it is to switch a name and number on an NHL jersey. I've never done it before but heard some people do that. Also, whats the best way to do it? I don't want to ruin the jersey so any help in changing the name and number is appreciated.

This question might be more suited to a sewing forum. ;)

Some companies (I think the store at NHL.com offers this service) will personalize a jersey if you send it to them. I don't know if they'd also remove old names and numbers, but why not?

I'm not sure I understand the question, though. Do you have the letters and numbers you'll replace the current ones with? If so you should be able to take it to a local tailor/seamstress.

HockeyFan79

Jul 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
This question might be more suited to a sewing forum. ;)

Some companies (I think the store at NHL.com offers this service) will personalize a jersey if you send it to them. I don't know if they'd also remove old names and numbers, but why not?

I'm not sure I understand the question, though. Do you have the letters and numbers you'll replace the current ones with? If so you should be able to take it to a local tailor/seamstress.

Thanks. Yea, I have a name and numbers already on it and I can get a kit to replace it. The only reason I posted this is to see if anyone else has done this, and whether its easy to do or not.

BCCHL inactive

If your numbers are glued on before they were sewn on, taking them off could make one ugly mess of the jersey.

I recommend taking it to a seamstress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad