OT: Jersey Discussion

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Edmonton-Oilers-Navy-Blue-Jersey-1996-2007.jpg

Back to these please.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think "the new blue" is basically just gonna be the current template, just switch the orange for navy blue and where there's navy blue switch that for orange. Shoulder yokes are a yes, orange numbers are a yes.

thumb.aspx

Where you see orange here, replace that with navy blue. Where you see blue here, replace it with orange. Pretty sure someone must've done a Photoshop mock up of this.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
The reebok pajama jerseys were easily the worst. I hope for next season they go with home and away jerseys like the 1979-1981 Oilers jerseys. Darker blue and orange. For the third jersey I think a copper/blue 1990s/2000s throw back would be awesome or blue/orange currents would be ok too. I don't hate the currents, it's just that I don't think they should be our main look.

Here's a good link that shows the evolution of the jersey
Edmonton Oilers - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Last year's playoff jerseys were the best IMO. I hate the current Addias ones. There are too many blue teams in this league.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think "the new blue" is basically just gonna be the current template, just switch the orange for navy blue and where there's navy blue switch that for orange. Shoulder yokes are a yes, orange numbers are a yes.

thumb.aspx

Where you see orange here, replace that with navy blue. Where you see blue here, replace it with orange. Pretty sure someone must've done a Photoshop mock up of this.

Honestly, I think shoulder yokes would be a big mistake. Orange numbers would be fine by me, but I can't stop thinking that if there are orange yokes, they will make the overall look too top heavy, given that the shorts and socks will both be primarily blue. I also think it would be too bright - neon orange shoulder yokes on a navy blue jersey.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Funny, when I saw the thread title, I thought this would be about new ways to chuck the jerseys on the ice at games.

For the record, I still like the ones back from 2006 the best.

Reactions: McDrai

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
The road Whites are some of the best looking in the league (better with royal blue). Orange jerseys need to just go away FOREVER. They are putrid.

I think the orange would look great if they kept the current colours but went back to the style of the last year's orange jersey. Someone here did a photo shop of those and they looked great.

blue version of the current style should be the primary home jerseys though.

Agreed about the whites. I think they look great.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
There was one theory that the bright orange jerseys at home, make it a lot easier for the opposing teams to see the opposition, hence the putrid PK numbers at home..
The home PK vs the road PK is baffling...

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I guess im in the minority, but I like our current Jerseys.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I was a fan at first but I have grown tired of them as well. Mostly because it feels like we've changed team colours which is weird.

These were my favourite:
812aQTzaeLL._SL1500_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->