Confirmed with Link: Jensen Resigned 2 years

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hopefully this is an 'instead of...' rather than 'in addition to...' with regards to Smith.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
That's pretty good AAV on Jensen. As a bottom pairing D, he's been pretty good.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Hope the guy proves me wrong, but he looks like fools gold to me.

Love players like him that can make subtle little plays to get the puck into space/the right spot. Don't like players that are one dimensional, or fold once they're given legitimate responsibility though.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Love players like him that can make subtle little plays to get the puck into space/the right spot. Don't like players that are one dimensional, or fold once they're given legitimate responsibility though.

Who cares? If he flames out his full cap hit can be buried in the AHL.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
800k per year for 2 years for a young, fast, good enough bottom pair guy?

Hell yeah.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I had given up on him as a prospect, but his play has been encouraging so far, so I like this deal.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hard to get excited or complain. I think I'll just nod approvingly and wait for someone else to fill the silence.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
nice deal. very tradeable contract so if it doesn't work out, you could always trade him at next years trade deadline

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Hard to get excited or complain. I think I'll just nod approvingly and wait for someone else to fill the silence.

In itself, signing a 6/7 D to a cheap 2 year deal is nothing to be excited about.

But it's exactly the kind of thing Holland needs to be doing, especially if it makes it that much more likely that Smith isn't re-signed to a ridiculous contract.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid deal for Jensen. What a 5/6/7 guy should be making on his 2nd contract.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Nick has been up against this his entire career.

He does almost everything right but most importantly he has the ability no other D on the team does right now. He creates space with his skating. He keeps getting better each game too. Good signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad