News Article: Jeff Vanderbeek hired as assistant football coach at Somerville H.S.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I work about 5 minutes from there, so maybe I'll go check out a game next season. Good to see he is keeping busy. Always like Jeff

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh no! The Somerville school district is going to go broke!

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
even with everything that happened, it's still hard for me to hate on the guy.

It'd be pretty ridiculous if anybody did

Who knows what our situation is right now if he doesn't help through and get us down in Newark in what has turned out to be a great arena hockey or not.

He was further left out to dry a bit as an owner because his ownership interest was in the team first and other avenues second. Gilfillan was in it strictly for the Chambers connection and bringing the team to Newark to use it as a revitilization project. Gilfillan then essentially became a no show once the arena opened and JVB was essentially left with the burden of everything and unfortunately he became the fall guy for the financial issues.

That area of Newark is in far better shape than it was by a long shot when the arena opened, but a lot of promises were made by JVB and Gilfillan that weren't carried out and that pissed some people off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad