Jeff Skinner: 1000 games 0 playoffs

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I was like, no way the Hurricanes must have made it one year and he was just hurt or something....but nope.

Skinner always such an odd goal scorer never sure what you'll get.. one year he'll be on pace for 40 the next he'll get 18 in Carolina.

His first year in Buffalo he got 40, then the next two seasons he got 14 and 7 (in 59 and 53 games) so you think he's done...except the following three years he gets 35, 33 and looks like high 20s this year... What's up with that?
Volume shooting, his one plus trait. Apart from that, he's the guy you'd point to as a player who plays the game the opposite of the right way. I always wondered why Botts bid against himself on that contract - it makes more sense if he was bidding against Pegula.

Reactions: BFLO

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
If he was Leaf Shanny would give him a statue.

He wouldn't even have to show up to get his number retired.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Had the Hurricanes not choked in game 82 his rookie year, Skinner would have at least 4 playoff games played as an 18 year old.
That last game still crushes me to remember. Just got back from Afghanistan the day before- managed to somehow watch all the games that year on NIPR internet, and went there to see the collapse.

Jeff deserves a better fate than this. But like Clint Eastwood once said "It's got nothing to do with deserve"

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad