Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think Petry will be fine. He is a very good defenseman, and he has a good partner. Last night was what it was, but I've seen enough of him to think it was the exception as opposed to the rule. Buffalo had a very good, hard forecheck going, that's tough for any D man.

I'm looking for a strong bounce-back game against Washington.

Petry has never been more than a 'decent' depth dman, he's a 5-6 at best. If the team can live with paying a 5-6 that much money, that isn't my problem.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Petry has never been more than a 'decent' depth dman, he's a 5-6 at best. If the team can live with paying a 5-6 that much money, that isn't my problem.
That's a lie and you know it. He's a number 3,and a good one. So he had a bad game, don't really see the big deal.

Reactions: schnapshot

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jeff Petry...he's the key to our D

When he's on his game, the first & second pair are stabilized.

When he's not, the first pair has too much work to do and the 2nd one is all over the place.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
According to Berkshire Petry is a top 30 dman in the league and Weber isn't... :laugh::biglaugh:

People actually pay this guy to talk about hockey?

Reactions: JAVO16

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Jeff Petry is a more expensive version of Nathan Beaulieu and he is only more noticeable this year because we really need him to be a better player and guess what? He can't be more than he is, he is inconsistent and gets beat one on one much like Emelin but at least Emelin could crush people and Petry rarely does.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Jeff adopted a new haircut at the beginning of the season, and everything went to hell after that...

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
good first pass, decent guy skating up the ice. He can (should) be a part of the power play, he does have a decent shot.

just HORRIBLE in physical contests in front of the net. Loses way too many puck battles in the corner and is often in a terrible position for defensive coverage in the slot.

super frustrating to watch him play

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
Petry is playing way, way better since he is the #1 cog on D, and got the big minutes.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jeff Petry...he's the key to our D

When he's on his game, the first & second pair are stabilized.

When he's not, the first pair has too much work to do and the 2nd one is all over the place.
Responding to my post because I believe it still rings true...

When Jeff Petry is on top of his game, our D as a whole, plays at a higher level.

Petry's consistency (and often, lack there of) is the key to our D corps.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Wow.... Maybe you should look around the league and see what a 5-6 D-man is on other teams.
I love how people bump a post, to prove a point, when 1 good game is played. Petry sucks 90% of the time, its nice to see him earn his money last night, because he hasn't done jack shit to earn it the last 3 years.

Petry is a borderline 4-5 , when he plays like last night, he is a legitimate 4. Oh, when Malakov played like he could, he was a #1 on any team, but lets count the nights that happened too? You cannot say Petry has play like anything but a 5 , most of the season, he has been awful. It would be nice to see him turn his career in Montreal around, because it has not been spectacular.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I love how people bump a post, to prove a point, when 1 good game is played. Petry sucks 90% of the time, its nice to see him earn his money last night, because he hasn't done jack **** to earn it the last 3 years.

Petry is a borderline 4-5 , when he plays like last night, he is a legitimate 4. Oh, when Malakov played like he could, he was a #1 on any team, but lets count the nights that happened too? You cannot say Petry has play like anything but a 5 , most of the season, he has been awful. It would be nice to see him turn his career in Montreal around, because it has not been spectacular.

Actually the post had already been boosted. Anyways you are entitled to your opinion. I just think it's wrong. Petry has his faults and one of them is inconsistency, but he is a top 4 guy in the NHL. Just look around the league.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Actually the post had already been boosted. Anyways you are entitled to your opinion. I just think it's wrong. Petry has his faults and one of them is inconsistency, but he is a top 4 guy in the NHL. Just look around the league.

You have an argument, no doubt.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I love how people bump a post, to prove a point, when 1 good game is played. Petry sucks 90% of the time, its nice to see him earn his money last night, because he hasn't done jack **** to earn it the last 3 years.

Petry has played better the last 4-5 games I'd say...and curiously enough, our D corps as a whole, even minus Weber, has looked better

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Petry has played better the last 4-5 games I'd say...and curiously enough, our D corps as a whole, even minus Weber, has looked better
funny how that works , Petry has stepped up it seems, lets hope he continues when Shea comes back.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He's been money in the playoffs. Still not the same player as when we got him, but I think that Benn hit made him worse.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We have become a board of Anti-Homers. I miss the good old days when we called Andrei Kovalenko a legit 1st line player.

Please name me 4 "good" teams from each conference where Petry would not crack the top 4.

Your join date says Oct 2017 , was that on a different forum than this one? Petry is way too inconsistent to be a top 4 and earning 5.5 per year. He played well last night and lets see how long it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->