Waived: Jeff Halpern (Claimed by Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He has been fine defensively. This makes little sense unless they're trying to open contracts.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I'm normally not one of those guys, but maybe this leads to another move? Makes no sense if that's not the case. He's been solid. Made that one mistake last night but I sincerely doubt that's why he's waived...

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I like Halpern and really don't understand this. Maybe they're expecting Asham back Sunday, will have Miller centering the third line and Boyle the fourth. But why not just scratch him?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He's soft. Doesn't add to the lineup other than the PK. Good guy all around, but isn't stiff enough to add quality minutes. With Crabb on waivers, I would make a claim, unless there's something else in the works.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't think this makes sense as a standalone move.

He made a terrible read on the first Panthers goal last night. I'm not nearly as impressed in him as the majority of this board, but I don't see a better #4 center option.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
**** that.

Halpern made a bad play yesterday on the PK that led to Campbell's goal. He pinched too far over to Powe's side, but other than that I really liked the play Halpy was showing with Powe on the fourth line.

Sure, the dude doesn't have a goal yet this season, and that's a problem. But waived? I don't know. Can't tell me there's no market out there for a good FO defensive center?

Maybe it's the Voros treatment where he's waived but hangs around? Clearing a contract for a trade? Clearing a contract for Zuccs? Who knows. I liked Halpy's fourth line game.

Now waive Boyle (because I hate him, and would like to watch him rot in CT. Not because I don't think he doesn't have trade value, come on guys, I'm smarter than that ;) )

Last edited:

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
**** that.

Halpern made a bad play yesterday on the PK that led to Campbell's goal. He pinched too far over to Powe's side, but other than that I really liked the play Halpy was showing with Powe on the fourth line.

Sure, the dude doesn't have a goal yet this season, and that's a problem. But waived? I don't know. Can't tell me there's no market out there for a good FO defensive center?

Maybe it's the Voros treatment where he's waived but hangs around? Clearing a contract for a trade? Clearing a contract for Zuccs? Who knows. I liked Halpy's fourth line game.

Now waive Boyle.
Oh God "waive Boyle" lol. We can at the minimum get a third for him which is what we paid.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Crazy, crazy Rangers management. Richards can **** up every damn time, but Halpern makes 1 bad move and is waived. Ridiculous. He is better than Boyle and even playing better than Richards at the moment. He was solid on the PK as well.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm normally not one of those guys, but maybe this leads to another move? Makes no sense if that's not the case. He's been solid. Made that one mistake last night but I sincerely doubt that's why he's waived...
Didn't expect Halps to do anything flashy and he hasn't been waivers bad. The ****s going on.
Yeah. Normally, you see guys on waivers and it's clear why they're on waivers. Not the case here. This is a more than serviceable fourth line center who has solid faceoff skills. I will be pretty stunned if he isn't claimed. Something has got to be up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad