Recalled/Assigned: Jeff Glass to Rockford

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Dude is going on 33 and this was his only shot at playing in the NHL. His NHL
career is over. Best to hang up the pads and move on to the next career.

Maybe selling cars at his Uncle Morty's used car lot in Calgary? Or perhaps hanging drywall with his buddy Lou? Just no Carter that involves wearing a glove on his left hand. He does not do well why gloves.

I don't know what Glass' career prospects are, but making a few hundred thousand doing something he might love for a few more years is hardly the worst thing in the world.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
last nite i was harsh on him and deservedly so. but i feel bad b/c everybody dream is to make it and be successful at the nhl.

oh i hope the best for his future.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
This is likely Jeff Glass's last and only NHL exposure. Good for him. he gave it his all and persevered and I bet had a blast doing it. Best of luck to him from here. Seemed like a great guy playing the game he loves and contributing rather nicely to a few good wins. Gotta root for a guy like that. it was a good story.

Again, Jeff, thanks for being part of the Hawks family and best to you in the future.

Berube will get a turn and we will see how he does. nalimov down the road/ the Hawks need some sort of semi-long term goalie replacement for Crow. In the system? Well, Glass is not in play any longer. Forsberg is still auditioning. Berube and maybe Nalimov. Delia? or will the Hawks ultimately have to go outside for some help? Time will tell. Now is the audition time for some of them.

Reactions: LDF and BobbyJet

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This is likely Jeff Glass's last and only NHL exposure. Good for him. he gave it his all and persevered and I bet had a blast doing it. Best of luck to him from here. Seemed like a great guy playing the game he loves and contributing rather nicely to a few good wins. Gotta root for a guy like that. it was a good story.

Again, Jeff, thanks for being part of the Hawks family and best to you in the future.

Berube will get a turn and we will see how he does. nalimov down the road/ the Hawks need some sort of semi-long term goalie replacement for Crow. In the system? Well, Glass is not in play any longer. Forsberg is still auditioning. Berube and maybe Nalimov. Delia? or will the Hawks ultimately have to go outside for some help? Time will tell. Now is the audition time for some of them.
EXCELLENT post. :clap:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I don't think anyone disliked Jeff Glass. He just wasn't talented and we all knew that. That's not his fault. Forsberg is the goalie who needs to pick it up.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think anyone disliked Jeff Glass. He just wasn't talented and we all knew that. That's not his fault. Forsberg is the goalie who needs to pick it up.

I wouldn't dismiss Berube so quickly.

I'm hoping that AF will progress, but he just looks like a guy without the competitive instinct needed to play at the NHL level. Hope I'm wrong and it's just a matter of gaining confidence.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I'm hoping that AF will progress, but he just looks like a guy without the competitive instinct needed to play at the NHL level. Hope I'm wrong and it's just a matter of gaining confidence.

Competitive instinct is odd wording. Can you explain what you mean? I am just trying to figure out what you mean.

Agree about Bernie.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Competitive instinct is odd wording. Can you explain what you mean? I am just trying to figure out what you mean.

Agree about Bernie.

It may just be a confidence thing, but he plays a passive game and I'm afraid that I don't see that changing.

In a way, he plays the Lunqvist style, but doesn't have the compete level, great reflexes and instincts to pull it off.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Best of luck to Glass. Guy got to play in the NHL ... nobody can ever take that away from him.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

When Carolina buys out Darling maybe the hawks can sign him cheap.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It may just be a confidence thing, but he plays a passive game and I'm afraid that I don't see that changing.

In a way, he plays the Lunqvist style, but doesn't have the compete level, great reflexes and instincts to pull it off.
I'm certainly no expert on goaltending technique, but using "compete level" in regards to goaltending seems odd to me.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
When Carolina buys out Darling maybe the hawks can sign him cheap.
That's not happening anytime soon. They paid Cam Ward for years at a higher hit. They aren't up against the cap. No reason they don't give him another year at least to try and right the ship.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He played in the NHL and was able to get Ws. I hardly would say next step is selling cars....

Guy was in the KHL for years and was one of the better. He will stay in the AHL or can always go back to europe and still Play the game he loves at a high Level.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Why not?

He has sucked at every level in his career

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah. League minimum is still a fat check

$650,000 to be exact. He pulled in roughly $8,000 for every game he was on the Blackhawks roster.

And the guy hung OK for an NHL stint. To suggest that because he's not cut out for the NHL permanently for the rest of his career that he has no other career prospects is..well, stupid. He has a few years left to make a really nice living playing hockey if he so chooses. As it is he's pulling in $250,000 per year being back down in Rockford. There are worse ways to make a living.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
$650,000 to be exact. He pulled in roughly $8,000 for every game he was on the Blackhawks roster.

And the guy hung OK for an NHL stint. To suggest that because he's not cut out for the NHL permanently for the rest of his career that he has no other career prospects is..well, stupid. He has a few years left to make a really nice living playing hockey if he so chooses. As it is he's pulling in $250,000 per year being back down in Rockford. There are worse ways to make a living.
and at the same time, playing a sports he was lucky to have enuf talent to play in the minors. that is every young kids dream to have a chance at the big league.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
and at the same time, playing a sports he was lucky to have enuf talent to play in the minors. that is every young kids dream to have a chance at the big league.

People often have no perspective of how ridiculously good at hockey even players in the ECHL are, let alone the AHL or even bottom-rung guys in the NHL. No. Idea.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->