Value of: Jeff Carter

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Carter for Simmonds and a 1st.

Hell no. And the reason I say that is I want no part of being the team that gives Simmons his next contract as it will be signed in his early 30’s and take him way to many years into his 30’s. Those are the contract that kill a team and we will already have our share.

Reactions: Rorschach

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Trading Carter only happens if Doughty tells the Kings he’s not coming back. As long as this team has Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, and Quick, the Kings will be in contention. Given the success that the Kings had this year, I think shipping out some of the middle six guys and bringing in more speed and youth will help the Kings tremendously.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Trading Carter only happens if Doughty tells the Kings he’s not coming back. As long as this team has Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, and Quick, the Kings will be in contention. Given the success that the Kings had this year, I think shipping out some of the middle six guys and bringing in more speed and youth will help the Kings tremendously.

Plus one more defenseman, we need the depth.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
With those guys, the Kings haven't been a contender for years.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Give Doughty his best friend maybe he'll sign cheaper . Sign me up.

Or maybe they hang out and party to much and it drags both of their games down. That was in part why Simmer was in that dealin hopes Drew doesn’t party as much with his main party pal sent away. Plus the fact Simmons needs a new contract after 1 year and I would want nothing to do with that deal.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

But if you give Blake and Co the chance I feel they can turn enough of the right knobs to make it one in short order. Blake had a very good first year and will continue to add youth into this lineup. It is simply to good to tear it down at this point. If Drew decides to leave that will change everything.

Reactions: Rorschach

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

There are roughly 27 other teams who aren’t “contenders”, then. This Kings team was plagued by inconsistency all season, mostly because they were missing secondary scoring. If it wasn’t Kopitar or Brown, who was it? Toffoli and Pearson didn’t show up in 2018. Carter got going once he returned, but he wasn’t 100%. The Penguins retooled without trading away Crosby or Malkin. You know what they did do? They got Phil Kessel and brought up a bunch of youth. Lombardi didn’t do a great job the last few years, that much is well documented, but Blake and Stevens got something out of absolutely nothing with Iafallo, Fantenberg, Folin, Brickley, and Peterson. Give them some more time to make some moves. Those are all huge wins in my book, and that was with a bare cupboard.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Trying not to de-rail the Kopitar thread, but what would be the ask for Jeff Carter from the Kings' perspective. I could see the Blues offering the 2018 WIN 1st and any prospect not named Robert Thomas. Is that enough, or is the expected return significantly higher?
Respectfully, hard pass from me. I wouldn't pay WIN 1st and a top prospect (especially Kyrou!) for an injury prone 33 yr old with several years left on his contract.

member 88115

Thomas and kyrou are not on the table. They would rather sign statsny again then pay a kings ransom for a 33 year old who missed 3/4 of the season last year. And is signed for 4 more seasons til 37 38. Solid no
That is OK, but Carter is still producing like a number one center. + Carter real dollars the last 4 years are 12 Million as it was front loaded contract. Either way, he will likely play out his contract in LA. and has earn it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, the Kings were right there the past 4 seasons with these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->